Best/ most unique inlays....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hey all. I just wanted to see some pics of some odd/unique/nice/different or however you want to call it inlays. I'm kind of getting sick of staring at the same dots all the time, and I just want to look for a neat change...thanks
  2. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
  3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I think I know where you're at - I don't even see those MOP (mother of pearl) dots.....(I don't see what MOP adds to such tiny inlays :confused: Maybe it just sounds good in advertising spiel).

The pics for the fretboard inlay that has already been done on my custom aren't on the web yet, so this is a very old pic. I don't know of any other bass that has the fleur-de-lis design. But here is a pic of the cut Ablam paua inlays -

The body already has the one inlay I wanted done -

My money was mainly spent on how it sounds and plays, so, it ain't no Larry Robinson inlay -

5. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Nice, I'm liking both, 'spically the first one. The "C"'s are real neat too though. I just want to get something new in mine. I saw this one in Musicians Friend that was called like tribal or something, quiet nice. I'm looking for it now... I'm planning on changing my SR305's dots (blah) to something nice. I'm liking the headstock, man! Anyone know any place that I can take it to get this done? (I have no local luthiers what so ever!)
    Thanks all!
  6. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Check out his arms.
    Looks more like a Larry Johnson inlay...circa 2000 NBA play-offs.

I like the Warwick Dolphin inlays and I saw Yin-Yang on a Streamer once too.
  7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
  8. Call me simple... but I think the shark tooth inlays on a Rick are perfect! Nothing too fancy, but not just a plain old dot.

That said, the block inlays on old Jazz Basses are pretty cool too. I guess I'm just a