1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best multi effects bass unit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aussie Guy, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Aussie Guy

Aussie Guy

Mar 15, 2019
    Im new to the forum and Im guessing theres already a thread on this?

Rick

2. brianmharrison

brianmharrison

Oct 11, 2007
    Atlanta
    I don’t know if it is the best but the ms-60b has served me well and is worth checking out

songwriter21, okcrum and TheReceder like this.
  3. karlbbb

karlbbb

Dec 9, 2007
    UK
    If you want absolute value for money, the Zoom B3n will suit.

If you want the next step up, look at the Helix range, starting with the HX Stomp (amazing bang-for-buck even at the higher price range) all the way up to the rackmount version, but that gets expensive fast.

Haroldo, ppiluk, wintremute and 2 others like this.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Line 6 HX Effects or any of the Helix line.

5. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    ^^^THIS...I use a Helix LT and it is all that and a bag of chips.
    Rock on.

TodaysTomSawyer and gregmon79 like this.
  6. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Value for Money...Zoom MS 60b - no question.
    The best all rounder - either a Helix LT or a pair of Eventide H9 Max's

7. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Amongst my toys are a Boss ME-6b, a Boss ME-8b and a Zoom B9.1ut.. IME you can't go wrong with Boss or Zoom. I only wish the learning tutorials were on DVD instead of a written manual for ease of operation. To me certain parts of the manuals should precede others and felt kind of backwards written.

8. harleyboy

harleyboy

Jan 8, 2007
    What kind of effects are offered for bass with the Line 6 Helix Stomp? Not having any luck with finding these details!

9. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I think this has been done, but I don't know how recently and am pretty sure things might have changed since last time around. Welcome to TB!!

I'm pretty sure that you will get a variety of answers based on what people have and are familiar with. Will try to give you my spin/experience, hope it helps.

The Zoom product is pretty good bang for the buck. I have the MS60b which has already been recommended. It's a dandy little pedal, and, is also sturdy, given that it has a screen on it...
    The inherent down-side to these is that there is a tendency toward the models inside the pedal being standout as "digital copies" of their real-world counterpart. It's true. Question is, how important is that? In live situations it really hasn't been a big deal to me or a deal breaker either one. I do have experience with the B3, which was updated to the B3n. I'm not familiar with the newer B3n, but have had the B3 and it's nice too. Has 3 different stomp switches, so you can turn on-off effects at will, in any combination. Includes a looper and some basic drum beats so it could be useful as a practice tool as well.

There's also a B10n, which is a great pedal, in fact, I like it better than the MS60b even. It's in a plastic housing, so I think Zoom's idea on that was garage band/home practice situations. It's made inexpensively, but well put together where it counts. It has a combo headphone/output jack, as well as an input for your guide track music if you like. Mine lives at my practice desk so I don't have to unpack anything besides my bass to practice. There is a computer software for these pedals, so if you want to load them up/tweak them out with whatever settings you will be needing it can be done without having to click through a tiny menu on the pedal. Zoom also updated the B10n, but I don't know anything about the newer version.

Overall I've been happy with my Zoom products.

10. Boss, Line 6, Eventide, Tech 21, Zoom and some others offer multi effects units in one form or another depending on your needs and willingness to commit to programming the beast. I prefer Zoom for my multi needs YMMV.

"Best" is going to be the issue because no multi is going to ever be the overall best at anything, they all have their strengths and their limitations, areas where they excel and things they flat out cannot do, nature of any multi tool. In some cases the more you spend the more 'jobs' you can cover, but other times the trade off is getting a better quality in one area while not covering another function at all, it's all up to the Einsteins.

11. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I just got an Eventide Eclipse V4 and Im diggin, it.

12. Aussie Guy

Aussie Guy

Mar 15, 2019
    Thankyou to each and all for your answers.
    I get it that all have strengths and weaknesses.
    What Id like ultimately is a rack mount system with foot switching. Doesn’t have have a heap of effects. 4-6 will do. Chorus, reverb, delay and flanger maybe. Quality of sound is more important than anything.

Once again thank you.

Rick

13. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    Best? Fractal or Helix or Kemper.

Best value for the dollar is probably the HX Stomp.

14. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    AZ, USA
    Kemper, Fractal and Helix lines rival individual effect pedals.

Cheaper multi-fx units are cheaper for many reasons.

15. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    I have the Zoom B3 and Zoom MS 60B. Don't need anything else at this time.

LowActionHero likes this.
  16. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    Zoom B1X Four.

I fiddled around with the soon to be released unit. It blows away anything up to 300 buck range.

This thing has a drum machine and looper too. You can also download other effects via PC.

The G1X Four for guitar is great too. You can't go wrong with these 100 bucks pedals.
    Oh yeah, runs on batteries too. Quite frankly I doubt I would ever need anything else for my ability.

17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Boss GT-10B.

18. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Based on my experience with multi effects units, most of their effects work for me on bass as long as the effect has a mix function or I can blend the effect in by putting it in a parallel path.

I started using the HX Effects about six months ago and I'm liking it. Might even sway me away from individual pedals. Sound quality is top notch and once you get started, the user interface is fairly intuitive.

19. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
  20. harleyboy

harleyboy

Jan 8, 2007
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021