best multi-fx pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DeepDeath, Dec 28, 2001.

1. whats the best multi-fx pedal under 180?
  2. ...Actually the old DOD multi-effect is pretty cool, it allows control over the effect's paremeters and the compressor acting as mix down is a pretty good feature too. But I do have to say I'm strongly against cheap multi-effects!
  3. The Zoom 506 II is pretty nice with some cool effects, and i got mine for $190 Australian. If you could afford it get one with a built in control pedal and recordinding device like a zoom BFX 708 or boss (i think) have a nice one.
  4. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708! ZOOM BFX 708!

Any questions?
  5. stay far away from anything Zoom or DOD. Stay away from most things Digitech. Stay away from a few things Korg. Stay away from nearly any cheap ($300-) multi-effects unit... oh yeah and stay away from that POD thing... i dont trust that at all.
  6. whats wrong with sub 300 multi fx pedals?
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    first of all: the POd is not a multi effect.
    second: it's obvious that a cheap multieffect pedal is no way copmarable to high end effects. but for a lot of guys with a restricted budget they are very useful. thay are useful to start experimenting with effects, they are good to find new combinations of sounds.
    said that go and try. your ears will decide and don't be fooled by others. if it's good for you, then it's good.
  8. the Digitech bp200 is great .i love all the sounds it has preset and you can have 40 of your own.theres a pre set that sounds like jaco solo slang.
  9. SystemofatooL

Dec 15, 2001
    if your gonna go for a zoom, dont get the 506.
    the 708 is about 100AUD (or 50US) more than the 506, and it has way more effects, and a foot-pedal thing on it, making effect use better (especially for wahs)