1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best neo replacement for Eminence Delta 10"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greyvagabond, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I've got a Fliptops sealed 4x10 cab loaded with Eminence Delta 10A 10" speakers. I'd love to swap them out at some point in time for neos, but I know swap speakers is much more complicated than simply picking a random speaker! Can anybody help to find a speaker that would work well with a dual-sealed cab like the fliptop? Its about the same volume as an Ampeg SVT 410 HE, but maybe 2" wider. Thanks!

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    Eminence deltalite 2510's don't need alot of cabinet volume and IMO would be a great speaker for your 410 cab. i have two Hartke 210 transporter cabs (really small cabs) with two 2510's in each of them and they sound great.my cabs are superlight weight at only 25lbs per cab but when i use an SVT with them, it sounds huge.

3. +1 on the 2510

4. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Yeah should not be a problem using 2510s ... although it will "voice" a little differently.

The top cab in the picture is a new 4x10 sealed cab prototype and its really got the 2510s packed in there, your cab should be fine.

MOjO410CV.

:) ... And everyone thinks we just make mini cabs :eek:

5. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Ohhh, that's a sexy stack! I'm really digging sealed cabs recently. They are coming back in a big way, I think, as more and more house PAs have the oomph necessary to reproduce big bass, sealed cabs can be used (which, to my ears, are much punchier, cut better, and are usually smaller/lighter/cheaper).

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Save your money and use Basslite S2010s. While only rated at 150 watts they have higher displacement limited output than Delta 10s, and come within 10 watts of the 2510's displacement limited output. With an EBP of 135 they're not ideal for sealed cabs, but with an EBP of 117 neither is the 2510. Either will be better in a sealed cab than a Delta 10, which with an EBP of 189 could hardly be worse suited for sealed. In theory the CA2010 with an EBP of 98 would work better than either the S2010 or 2510, but it's got a rather nasty midrange response dip.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I can see a disagreement between Kenny and Bill looming in the future! :)

Paul