Best new Ampeg 15" cabinet ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanook, May 23, 2001.

1. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    I can get a sweet deal on any of the new 15" driver Ampeg cabinets and it will compliment my SWR 4 X 10. The deal is so good, I can't consider any other brand.

The question is, which one do I get. I don't need any horns so it looks like the BSE-115 or the STV-15E are the obvious choices. Someone with experience with either of these please help me out here. I initially picked the STV-15E arbitrarily.

The specifications look real close on these. A consideration is that I do have a Low B string on one of my basses.
  2. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I would definitely go with the SVT if price is not at issue. My understanding is that the magnet size in the BSE is smaller and the quality of the components are budget. I think your resale on the SVT will be better too. I have a matching SVT 15 with the 4X10HE and together they are a tanker full of sound. I do not like my 15" as a stand alone cab though.
  3. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Nanook, you have a RIC 4003 too and the sound through the SVT classic: ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Warm and enveloping.
  4. I own the SVT15e. LOADS of sound, and it's indestructible. Will complement it with a 2 x 10" soon.