1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best new combo amp for under $300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rollyolly, Dec 9, 2011.

1. rollyolly

rollyolly Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2011
    I'm a semi-beginner, and I don't any drummers, so it's probably fine if it's less than 100 watts. I'm into mostly funk, indie rock, soul, classic rock. My bass is an Ibanez SR500 and I think I'd like an amp that will warm up it's tone a little.

I'm only looking for recommendations on new amps, since I need one fast and can't wait for a specific used model to hit the market.

Thanks!

2. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    try Ampeg BA115 or BA112 ..really nice amps, you can get nice tone and you can get them used and really cheap :)

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Go out and play what you can find. Buy what you like best.

4. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Gallien Krueger MB112 is around $300.00

5. cthomas5200

cthomas5200 Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    +1

Best advice I ever saw on TB was set all the amps tone controls flat (straight io at 12 o'clock) and buy the one that sounds right to you. For me it is GK, but I also have friends that don't like GK. Buy the one YOU like.

6. MontzterMash

MontzterMash Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Yup.

For me, it was the Acoustic B20 and GK MB112, and I ended up with the GK. Glad I waited until I found an amp I loved - when you do, you'll play that much more.