Best octaver?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FOE_Bass, Apr 6, 2001.

1. FOE_Bass

FOE_Bass Guest

Jun 29, 2000
    Grass Valley, CA
    I was wondering what octave pedal is best for bass. Do any work really well with a low b string?
  2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Well, most octavers lose tracking ability more or less around the low G (3rd fret on E string). They can handle a B string, but don't go too low on it. :)

And the EBS OctaBass is undoubtely one of the best out there.
  3. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Agree on the EBS. I used to have a Boss octave pedal, and while it was/is a nice effect, the EBS Octabass tracks much better. There isn't one made, though, that isn't going to burp on a B string down low.
  4. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    all ebs effects are a must for us.they cost a little but worth every cent,im still waiting for my bass IQ that i was hoping to get on my b-day back in DAMN jan and still no pedal, now that i think of it she(my wife)still ain't got me SH*T.hey that's a new thread.
  5. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Try the dbx 120XP Suubharmonic Synthesizer. The 120XP is a rack mounted octaver that produces some really spectacular presence. One of its more notable endorsers is Adam Clayton of U2. It's a little expensive though, $299.99 list, probably about $199.99 street.
  6. the digitech bp8 has great octaver effects, even on the low b.
  7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    the EBS Octabass is the best tracking i've found yet. It certainly works better than the Boss, at least for me. The octavers on the Multifx units don't do it for me. I've found i MUST have true bypass. Even the BP8 color the bass when bypassed. I went back to stomp pedals. And they're all EBS. I love them . Definitely worth the litlle extra $$-
    and no way will yo ufind something that will track down to a lo B. Not even the $4,000 Eventides do that.
  8. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    thanks to the octaver modelled on my bass pod i felt in love with that effect! octaver is my favourite effect tigether with enevelope filter. i plan to buy an ebs octaver. and what about the quality of the doctor Q, envelope follower by electro harmonix?
  9. On the contrary, my bp8 can hit well below the lo B, I can get a low G and if the gain is set right i can get a low F.