Best of the Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sharp, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Seymour Duncan Antiquity

3 vote(s)
  2. Seymour Duncan Antiquity II

1 vote(s)
  3. Aero Jazz pickup

0 vote(s)
  4. DiMarzio Model J

6 vote(s)
  5. DiMarzio Ultra Jazz

2 vote(s)
  6. Fender Custom 60s

3 vote(s)
  7. Other (specify)

6 vote(s)
  1. Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Artists Relations, KMI
    Now I know there's no judge like your own ears... but i cant go out and try every one. so, if you could only have one of these, which would it be?
  2. From the Poll i'd take the DiMarzio ModelJ if you want to spend a bit moe i'd say bartolini 9J's
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Le Fay Rough Crystal pickups - the J-style humbucking version.
  4. frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    I have the Antiquity 2's and they sound great. But I can't really vote for them over the others cuz I haven't tried any of the others. Does anybody have the resources to try many different pickups on a single reference bass?
  5. Bass Player Magazine (Check out the J-Pup Shootout)
  6. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    basslines lightin rods active
  7. I like the Sadwosky single coils.

8. Basslines Hot Jazz (SJB-2) sound really good. They're single coils so the traditional Jazz character is there. The low end is huge but focused and tight sounding, the mids are agressive and the top end's slightly attenuated. I've got a pair in my MIA Jazz. It sounds great. I also really like Barts, but find them not agressive enough for my personal tastes. Sadowsky's single coils are also amazing! Of course, Sadowsky anything is amazing.
  9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Does Sadowsky sell his single coils to the public? I looked on his website but only the humcancelling pups were listed. Or are those the single coils?