Best Online Store To Buy Basses, Amps, and Bass Effects?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Can someone list a few solid online stores that sell great bass gear? I've dealt with Bass NW (top notch). Any other "can't miss" online stores that have great gear in stock?

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Low Down Sound, off course there not online too me, there in my backyard!! LUCKY ME, I'm sure any of the big boys, Bass Central, Bass Northwest, Bass Alone, and Low Down will treat you good, I haven't heard any complaints, I have also dealt with a couple of gutiar shops that are worth checking ecsp. for used stuff. Elderly Music, great for vintage stuff also a sadowsky dealer, and G gutiars get some good used gear in , I'm sure there are others I missed.
  3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Guitar X has a super selection, and could not have been better to deal with. Great price, great people, and they have really gone beyond in an effort to help out. I couldn't recommend them any more highly.
  4. Got to mention Bass Central. They are local to me, but I would trust them online also. I recommend them highly.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Another vote for Bass Central. Moved to Miscellaneous.
  6. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Even though I haven't bought a bass from BassCentral YET, I've bought various accessories and stuff from them and Gard's been extremely helpful! BassPalace seems to have their stuff together too.
  7. (Beaver Felton) (Evan Sheeley) (Steve "the Dude" Barr)

all of them are simply excellent people: extremely professional and absolutely customer oriented. My direct experience from very far away (Italy!) is that not only they will treat you ok, but you get to know excellent human beings, too!!!

Unbeatable guys, if you ask me.
  8. Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    I rarely buy stuff over the internet. I have an awesome local shop (Parlor Head in the house!!!)

The few times I have order online, I have used
  9. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004

I have had excellent experience with and get all around good vibes from John.

All of the above plus 1. Tony is a great guy to work with. Highly recommended.
  11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.

John is a great guy to deal with. He deals in high-end stuff but you can occasionally find a lower priced deal through him. I purchased a Tune Bass Maniac fretless from him a few years ago.
  12. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses ;)
    basscentral though too!

13. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001

Joel Cataldo - (TB's Member > Joelc73) from TGS, got my vote here. Awesome Pro and Honest guy to deal with. He went extra mile of his way to help me out. Highly Recommended!
  14. Snarf

Jan 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    For more generic internet retailers, samedaymusic beats musiciansfriend handily.
  15. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    They're not really a bass-only store, but I've found to have great prices, good service, and the quickest shipping I've ever seen.
  16. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Another vote for Bass Central.

Good selection of gear and knowledgeable people.

Grasshopper was the one I dealt with, and he went above and beyond...not only before and during the sale, but also well after.
  17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego

Also, you might try The Bass Place in Tempe, AZ. Of course Bass Central, but Gard's not there any more.
  18. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    The places I've dealt with succesfully online are:

Dude (VBTC) The absolute best if you want Lakland, Rotosound, TI, EBS, KSD, and a few other lines

Bass Central (always great to deal with, but I'm a little less likely to call now Gard is gone)

Low Down Sound (I've dealt with them online, and also in person. They are about a 2 hr drive for me)