1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best over the top awesome out of this world Precision pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Muziekschuur, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    So I have this Samick Custom Pro shop Valley arts Precision. I have been searching and searching... for an awesome precision pickup. yesterday a Precision pickup out of a classic 50's Precision turned up in the mail. I simply watched as much as youtube video's as I could of Precision basses so I could hear recorded instruments and compare them to the sound in my head. I have a full blown recording setup myself... So I have quite a good idea how the instrument should sound to fit in the mix...

So I opened up my Precision. And I saw there that my Precision Pickup from my Samick is a very interesting pickup with a nice copper baseplate, potted and very nicely wound... So.. I probably allready have an awesome pickup.... Before we go into any depth of this... I honestly have never gotten anywhere deep in the precision pickup....

SO WHAT IS YOUR AWESOMEST CRASIEST PRICED PRECISION PICKUP THAT GETS YOU OUT OF THIS WORLD BASS TONES?

(So I have some reference when I go out and get me some more pickups just to do some comparison and for fun and giggles offcourse).

2. Custom Shop 60's and Nordstrands are really nice.

3. Wow, give the Lace Aluma P a try, I just put 2 BassBars 4 in my Brice short wow these things are hot! Solid lows, mids slam. Still playing around with settings

4. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    MFD P-Pup from G&L $80
    Pix shows both SB-2 pick-ups but you can buy one or the other.
    Definitely a Monster of a P

IMG_9370v_1024x1024.

5. I like the Super P-5's from 70's Ibanez's personally.

6. Lownote38

Lownote38

Aug 8, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Lindy Fralin get's the sound I want out of a P-Bass.