best passive humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SantasCabanaBoy, Feb 21, 2001.

1. SantasCabanaBoy

Jan 15, 2001
    what do you think the best passive humbucker out there is. I want to install it on a 4string bass with passive electronics and 2 knobs (volume and tone)
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Depends on what sound you're after. I like Bartolini.
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    DiMarzio X2NB. Still being made. Output 3+ times higher than a
    regular humbucker. Four conductor wiring. Eeevil :p .

Seriously, what shape are we talkin' about? P, J, Soapbar? (your profile?)

Is this Re your other post about a Epi Ripper or T-Bird?
  4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

While getting some pup education for a custom bass, I came across a very good site that discusses all kinds of pups and onboards

They even include Lane Poors which, to my knowledge, are only available through luthiers these days.
  5. rickbass

You should really take a look at . I find that a valuable resource for info. on pups and onboards. They even mention my dearly departed (temporarily?) Lane Poors.
  6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Hey rick~b/1

You know any good websites that give an overview of bass pups?

7. rickbass

I don't get it. I guess I'm a little slow today. (Great site for pup info? 2+2=4? B,C,D,E,F,G,A...? Help me.)

Or do you mean just on pickup basics, like Lindy Fralin?
  8. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    :D I'z jus' funnin' ya'. Havin' a little "sequential" humor at your expense :( .

At first I thought you mighta' "double-posted", but then noticed your two
    posts with the kingbass link were slightly different.
  9. rickbass

Shoot! Good catch, notduane. Something buggy is up with my thingamob. Before, it seemed the first post didn't appear. (Thanks you Mr. Gates for my haunted PC).

Appreciate it notduane. Guess I'll see what kind of dumb%$#@ thing I can do with my amps....let's see, does 2.67 ohms rock??? :D

> (Have you checked out the new link in the "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" thread ? I think that did it.)