best passive humbuckers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Delapaz, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Delapaz

Delapaz

Sep 30, 2010
    Mexico
    Frontman, Bass Player
    I want you guys to recommend me a good pair of passive humbuckers, the most agressive and good sounding pair you know, ceramic magnets and all the good stuff

2. Status graphite.

They do standard EMG sizeand also MM P and J

3. I absolutely love my P that has been modded with Seymour Duncan SSB4's.

Hard to describe but they totally woke up the bass. Seriously, a GREAT humbucker.
    3EF7FF2D-B74D-4EFF-B3BB-77B2333C94DB.jpg

4. Bill Thompson

Bill Thompson

Sep 19, 2014
    The most aggressive humbucker that I know of is the DiMarzio X2N-B. I have three basses with them in it, a Fender Squier Bullet in a Rick pickup setup, a Kawai FIIB in a P/J pickup setup, and a B.C. Rich Virgin bass in a Musicmaster pickup setup. The Fender has the most flexable setup, Neck pickup w/series-parallel-volume options and P pickup w/series-single-coil-parallel-phase-volume as well as master tone options. The B.C. Rich has the simplest, pickup in series-volume-tone. The Kawai has series-single-coil-parallel-volume-tone options on both pickups. Cheers. ;^D.

5. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    the g&ls are the most aggressive i've played, but they are mfd

plaidgoat and TrevorOfDoom like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021