1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Pedal of 2018?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Dec 12, 2018.

1. i write this thread to ask: what was your favorite effect pedal released in 2018?

Mine is the Spaceman Nebula. It truly is a new fuzz for bass (maybe even an overdrive). It’s an overdrive, an octi-Drive, a fuzz and an octave fuzz. I love it.

Runner up- Broughton Synth Voice

TinyE, Barbaric.Eric, jmone and 6 others like this.
  2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    For me... without a doubt it’s the Darkglass X7. I have found it to be a game changer in terms of low gain as well as high gain drive applications.

Runners up: Hyper Luminal and Super Volt Thrower.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  3. Frodolicious

Frodolicious Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    The OvniFx Opto Smoothie with the toughie and Suave switches on the back was a winner for me

4. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    Does my Broughton L+HPF I bought in 2018 qualify? Or do you mean pedals than came out in 2018? I'm kinda slow when it comes to the latest, greatest new releases. No problem to DQ me. Edit; I see you did say ''released in 2018''

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    GrapeBass and jazznrick like this.
  5. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    I have to say the Shift Line Buzz. Just a great simple pedal that sounds amazing.

RissKippery, StayLow and jazznrick like this.
  6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I will vote for Line 6 HX Effects. Granted, my modeling/multifx experience up to this point is rather limited, 4 different devices from Line 6, ZOOM, and Korg. This is because my research and hands on experience has steered me away from that realm. The aforementioned devices came to me through chance and happenstance. They were amusing, but with the exception of the MS60B, which I used in a limited but effective way, none of them made it out to a gig.
    The HX FX leaves NOTHING to be desired. From the modeling, (including dirt) and the overall amazing fidelity, to the user interface, configurability of features and signal flow, footprint, price/performance, and yes, even the power supply, I love this device. All by itself, or on a board with more of my favorites, it has yet to disappoint.

7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Damnation Audio Loop Blender.

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Ooohh No, I'm not falling for this! ;):D

9. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    Meris Enzo for the win here. Mostly because its just awesome, but even more becaue its not the FI! I sold 4 pedals that it replaced and got extra features, plus three extra effects I will use!

depalm, Nunovsky, mostvaliant and 5 others like this.
  10. Bassheart365

Bassheart365 Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Northern California
    "A good bassist determines the direction of any band." - Ron Carter
    Best of 2018 - 3 Leaf Audio Chromatron Variable State Filter
    Best of 2017 - Future Impact

11. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    My vote is for TB's own @bongomania 's Smoothie Opto Comp with both "tough" and "smooth" available in the same pedal. what a bargain!

upload_2018-12-12_23-19-37.

12. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    i just posted the same thing, then saw your post. Count me as a +1 to your vote!

Frodolicious likes this.
  13. Lammchop93

Lammchop93 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Darkglass x7 for me. Completely changed my distorted sound .

gregmon79 and Darkglass like this.
  14. BurtMacklinFBI

BurtMacklinFBI Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Darkglass Microtubes X/X7. Holy cats that is an awesome sounding distortion. I’m kind of tempted to buy another to set up for a different tone, and when the inevitable Ultra version comes out I’ll be looking very carefully at it as a possible replacement for my Two Notes Le Bass. And I really like the Le Bass.

Idiotbox Landphil is a very close second for me; it’s awesome, but not quite on the level of the X.

gregmon79 and Darkglass like this.
  15. +1 Line 6 HX Effects
    Tech21 DP-3X is a close second

Nick Danger and gregmon79 like this.
  16. Uncle Hanky

Uncle Hanky

May 10, 2017
    Texas
    I haven’t honestly tried too many pedals this year, but I took this pic the day I got this bad lil mofo here, and I’ve REALLY been enjoying putting it through the paces. I got this last week, and I already have another of his pedals arriving this Friday. :eek: 651348E6-4AA5-4A0A-A60C-CF216D9C7C76.

17. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    I don't have a one that was released in 2018, but i bought a one that i like in 2018 - TC electronic HOF mini.

18. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Line 6 HX Stomp. It’s fits on a small board and does everything I can think of.

19. Well, if I have to pick something that I BOUGHT in 2018, it would have to be my Keeley Bassist Limiting Amplifier. A great pedal and certainly studio grade!

PDGood and Vinny Vincenzo like this.
  20. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    Line 6 HX effects for me. Best multi I’ve ever tried and does double duty for guitar and bass.

TodaysTomSawyer and gregmon79 like this.