1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Pink Floyd Album/Album Cover

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassdude15, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Bassdude15

Bassdude15

Feb 26, 2013
    Nashville
    My personal favorite cover is the division bell( musically, though, i much prefer the wall).

2. Rob L

Rob L Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Chilly ND
    Animals is my favorite.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    Favourite album, musically, is Dark Side...
    Favourite album, visually, is Dark Side...

4. I gotta go with Animals as my favorite album, and Wish You Were Here as my favorite cover (the two guys shaking hands and one of them is on fire)

5. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    For pure front to back (for those of you who remember LPs) nonstop listening enjoyment I'd have to go with Wish You Were Here.
    For playing along with the bass lines I'd be torn between The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon.
    For cover art it's Division Bell for me.

6. Yeah, the Hipgnosis guys really hit it with that one.

Way before Photoshop, they actually had to gel up a stuntman and set him on fire for that shot.

7. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    best album for me is either dark side or animals, might be as well wish you were here or atom heart mother :D

best cover is wish you were here it haunted my thought since i was a kid.

8. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I also really like the earlier covers like Meddle and Saucerful of Secrets. One time my friend spent about an hour trying to explain to me that he could see the outline of a goat-man on the cover of Saucerful. I couldn't see it.

9. This is easy to explain. It is because the best album musically is Dark Side, and the best album visually is Dark Side.

10. according to the voices on the album it's all dark... :bag:

IMO "Dark Side" is their best work.

11. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

I like most of PF music but Dark Side is still the boobies. I think it is one of the best selling albums of all time too.

12. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Dark Side of the Moon is the best produced album of all time. Those of us who were around when that album was released will especially appreciate how utterly progressive it was for the time. 40 years later, it still ranks among the best albums ever, and has held up amazingly well.

13. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    There are few musical experiences that I would consider better than lying down and playing both sides of Dark Side of the Moon in the evening.

14. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    Animals by a wide margin.

15. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    I'm a big fan of the era between Sid leaving and Darkside. Love Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, and the Live at Pompeii stuff.

16. i think dark side is my favorite, but meddle is a close second for me.

17. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Dark Side of the Moon is a perfect album, with the perfect cover.
    Wish You Were Here is only 1/99th less perfect, and has an even more perfect cover.
    Animals is a shade below those two, and is equaled by The Wall.

Next, we have Obscured by Clouds, Meddle, and coming in last for near perfect albums is Atom Heart Mother, which also has a great cover.

Finally, we have all the other albums, which, even with their flaws, are pretty great albums, with pretty great covers.

18. Well, let's see... does the Back Catalogue poster count as a cover? :bag:

19. Heh heh, I have that hanging in my den. Nice piece of, um, art.

20. That redhead always makes me "Wish I Were There" :D