1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Place to Buy - 500k- Push/Pull Pots

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by whoatherechunk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Hey guys,

Finally I have been educating myself on 250k vs 500k and audio vs linear. Also been looking at which brands to buy and where to buy them.

I've decided on getting 500k linear for volume and 500k audio for tone. My problem is where can I get both at the same web store? Some places have audio and some don't have linear and some cause me to mix match brands. I've heard the pro's and con's of certain brands, but for the sake of me just buying some pots please recommend a brand and where I can get both of those pots. Include a link if possible. You guys rule.

I am going to rewire a Fender Highway One with Dimarzio Model J's in case you guys are wondering. Thanks

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    hmm; allparts has the nice bourns 500k push-pull audio, but the less-nice (but still OK) alpha linear push-pulls.

what's the plan for the push-pulls? if you're just gonna switch the pickups to individually parallel, i wouldn't bother; you lose power and lows, but don't really gain much of anything in trade (just like switching a stock P-bass to parallel is usually disappointing).

parallel would come in handy if you were gonna wire the pair in series with each other, to keep things from getting too dark and boomy.