1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Place to buy amps in england

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pseudo7, Jul 25, 2007.

1. pseudo7

pseudo7

May 6, 2007
    I bought a bass from america from the seemingly wonderful musicians friend - they were good. They seems to have everything.

And i buy alot of effects and cables and accesories from thomann.de (germany).

Is there a good online site based in the uk that sells gallien-kruger and ampeg etc (highend-ish) amps?

Thomann has a selection but out of curiosity is there a commpany in england?

2. www.gak.co.uk

3. pseudo7

pseudo7

May 6, 2007
    Thank you, sooooo much!

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    How did you buy from Musicians Friend? They don't ship to the UK.....

5. pseudo7

pseudo7

May 6, 2007
    friend brought it back for me, we missed the opertuinity to pay tax, damn! i like funding iraq wars(!)

6. DaveMcLain

DaveMcLain

Jun 19, 2005
    Cuba MO
    How does it work? Could you buy an amp from someone on E-Bay? How does the duty apply, will the taxes and shipping eat you alive?

I have a friend who lives in Europe and she's told me before that she could save money by buying a plane ticket to New York when she needs a new software package for her business. Buy ticket, fly there, buy software and bring it back in her luggage. Awful, I thought that EU stuff was supposed to help ease some of that tarriff stuff.

7. pseudo7

pseudo7

May 6, 2007
    it's technically avoiding tax, generally on ebay they will try and send it to you and you can get it but it often gets impounded + i can't be too big as then shipping gets very expencive very quick.

but you can get no tax if you have owned the item in usa for more than three months.

It's not worth it - i only did it cos i would pay £700+ more than in america (the prices of like 3 plane tickets)

8. WDfusion

WDfusion

Feb 8, 2007
  9. one

one

Aug 21, 2006
    Boston.UK