Best Place To Buy An F Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ilovepink, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    So, who is the best F dealer? I would really dig a natural BN4. Yeah I'm a biter on this one :p
  2. straight from Fbass, i would say...... or whoever's closest to you. they've got a list of dealers on their website. that way, you know it's someone who knows something about them, not just someone who bought one and jacked up the price to make some more money....
  3. Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Talk to Adrian Garcia at access bass..he'll take care of you...Adrian, are you awake yet???:D
  4. bad dog

bad dog

May 7, 2002
    Jim Thorpe, Pa.
    Definitely call Adrian ...... great service, great player and all-around cool guy. Plus if you buy out of state you can save yourself the sales tax ( around $150 ).

Good luck with it,

5. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    Third vote for Adrian ;)

Peace, JP
  6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...Adrian ain't the only F Bass dealer 'round these parts!

He's a good 'un though!

7. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  8. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I have had REALLY good experiences with Bass Alone and Bass Central, both carry F-Basses. I bought a Ken Lawrence Brase 5 from Bass Alone and a Lakland 55-94 from Bass Central. Great service and prices in both places!

Dan K.
  9. dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    George will not sell directly to anyone in the US. Trust me on this. I know George personally, have been playing his basses for 14 years and he wont ship me a bass(He is loyal as hell to his dealers).

If you want buy a bass from Guitar Clinic (F Bass) will have to go to Hamilton, ON to do the deed

There is a max discount set by George for all of his dealers in the USA.

Trick is to buy from the place with the best vibe, service, and off the bat price.

My Recommedation for F Bass dealers in the states are:

Access Bass
    Bass Alone

Just my opinion. Good Luck

F Bass Forum moderator:bassist:
  10. 6th vote for Adrian!

In fact he has a couple of beauties for sale RIGHT NOW!
  11. when i bought mine, i got in my car and drove the ten minutes to the source (Guitar Clinic, Hamilton, Ontario)

i lived in hamilton at the time and bought a four stringed fretless which according to the site he doesn't seem to make anymore :(

it's REALLY nice having him close by for repairs and whatnot :D

not really trying to sound like i'm bragging but i am ..... hee hee

12. These are all fine vendors. The best place is the place that gives you the best deal.
  13. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Without a doubt, Adrian at Access Bass, he knows plenty about F Basses, not only because he is a dealer but he also plays them. He will work with you and help out with any suggestions. I bought my BN 5 from him over the summer and also plan on buying a BN 4 from him when the funds come up.

A little edit here - I deleted part of my post

By the way, buying direct through a manufacturer is not the way to go, generally they have to charge you more (read-full retail) because they want to protect their dealers and they want you to buy from a dealer. This of course is all a moot point if they are only direct.[/url
  14. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I'm noticing you're in California. Talk to Gary at the Amp Shop in Sherman Oaks. He has some nice F's in the store right now.
  15. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Adrian at accessbass. He's closer to you than Gard.
  16. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Who's this Adrian guy? just kidding...

Time for a trip to Vegas ilove pink? Adrian can fix you up with a nice F.

Also, if you get out to Texas way, you can try my buddy Glenn at Austin Basstraders. He's originally from Hawaii, but has been a touring and studio bassplayer who is also an F Bass Dealer. Both cats are extremely knowledgeable on basses.
  17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hi, guys- i want to thank the people who suggested me- THANKS SO MUCH!
    there are a few great F bass dealers, check the f bass website for a listing...
    but it's true, I am the # ! fan! I abslolutely LOVE them and think its the best bass on the market
    Whomever you get one from, you will love them...
    and hi to my friendly competitors, Gard, Jimmy at NYB&G Boutique, Glenn at Bass Traders.. etc..all very reputable..
  18. Jimmy (NY Guitar and Bass Boutique) doesn't have any 4's right now--although this 5 sure is pretty.
    He does seem to have a Sadowsky--without a pickguard! Looks like it's time to stop by again.

19. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    It looks like I am goin to Vegas!
  20. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Try to catch Adrian at one of his gigs too. He is an awesome player with excellent chops; his sense of groove and feel is also superb!

Getting back to the F Bass... when I was in Vegas in September I went to some of his gigs. and let me tell you that the sound of his F Bass is one of the best "live" bass tones that I heard! Regardless of the venue that he was playing (outdoor concert DIed through a PA, lounge gig coming through just his amp, or Vegas showroom DIed through the house system), his F had a very consistent and articulate quality with tons of balls. not to mention the rich mids and clean high end. Excellent tone for both slapping and fingerstyle.