1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best place to finance for a Ric 4003?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Solar, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Solar

Solar

Jun 8, 2015
    Michigan
    I turn 18 in a month, and I gotta build credit somehow! But, I'm not sure who to do this through. I've never dealt with Wildwood, and they seem really awesome. I emailed them about pricing and they replied quickly and were very nice. They will allow me 12 month financing.

And then there's guitar center. I can't pick a specific Ric I want from them, they're generally rude and hard to deal with, but they have 24 month financing, which would be pretty nice!

Is there any other place I should do this through?

I'm set on Fireglo, by the way:bassist:.

2. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    My advice: Save some money, buy a used Rick and pay for it with cash.

If you absolutly want to "build" credit: Save the money, open the credit card, buy the bass paying with the CC, paid the full balance within the same period.

jthisdell and hrodbert696 like this.
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Of your two choices, given that you can swing a 12 month payment on a Ric, I would go with Wildwood. The service, knowledge and care taken into getting you the "right" Rickenbacker will be ligtyears beyond anything you'd get from GC.

Solar likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar

Jun 8, 2015
    Michigan
    Thank you! I would buy used, but I've wanted a Ric that I can say "I bought this right when I got out of high school brand new. Every mark on it is one that I put on it."

Everything else I will be buying used. My American Ric will need an American Fender Jazz and Gibson T-Bird to make sure no one gets lonely ;)

5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    ^THIS^

6. ChefKen

ChefKen Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2014
    NW CT
    Piggy bank......Feed The piggggg

7. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    When that year comes up, the luster (metaphorically speaking) of your new bass is gone, but the bill is NOW due. Most people are unprepared to pay in full because that year just slips away. Store credit can often come with harsh interest rates and stiff late penalties. Beware.

Best way to begin to build credit is with a card from your bank or credit union. Use it for gas, and pay it off. Getting utilities in your name (elec, gas, water, internet, etc) with an on-time payment history also builds good credit.

Hey wait a minute, I just realized you're only 18. Any borrowing should be for student loans at this point in your life. Not instruments or cars, or stuff that will have no future value.

8. Solar

Solar

Jun 8, 2015
    Michigan
    Trust me, college is first. But I get that for free, and this would also be in-part a grad gift.