1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best place to store my basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Dec 31, 2006.

1. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    hey,

I was wondering whats the best place to keep my basses:
    a gig bag, a hardshell/flight case, hung on the wall/on a stand or should I build a special cabinet that will store them all?

just in case - it's very hot and humid in the summer and moderately cold in the winter where I live so I guess that plays a part too.

thanks,
    Elad.

2. Sane

Sane

Dec 4, 2004
    Melbourne Fl
    Well considering all the nice basses you have.... Id highly recommend keeping them

At my house.:p

Seriously though, I just keep mine out in various stands. Just my preference... don't see where a special case would be needed but man that would be cool.

3. I am a big fan of the Warwick Rockstand ...

[​IMG]

You can get them in configurations of 3, 5, 7, and 9.

4. In say " hang em high ". Hell, they resemble art better than most of the pictures my wife hangs. THeyre beautiful! I hung mine.
    [​IMG]

5. tbrannon

tbrannon

Jun 11, 2006
    I've got mine hanging as well- I used to keep them in cases in the closet, but I find if they're out I play them alot more.

6. Hanging on a wall or sitting on a stand is my choice. I don't like the idea of having a bass in a case. If they're always at my disposal I'll play more often, and at the same time, the bass is always already settled to my room's humidity/temperature. As far as that goes, I wouldn't worry about changes between summer and winter temperature and humidity, as long as there isn't too much variance over a short period of time (minutes and hours).

7. srh

srh saahweet

Dec 8, 2006
    New Jersey
    I usually keep mine in a case because im afraid of my neck warping etc.... am I crazy? What does it really take to mess up your bass like that?

8. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I keep my on the rockstand and on the wall... the valuables out of the way of my 4 year old

9. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I hang mine too, they are works of art. ;)

10. some of mine are on the wall, and some are in stands

11. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i used to be all about the stands, but now they go back in their cases in between practices- i guess I'm just paranoid!

12. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    in a hard case, the strings last longer because they are not out in the open air and as the temp is pretty consistent in your case the bass will stay more stable.

i would never leave my Fodera out on a stand overnight, no way.

Dave

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I keep all of mine hanging on the wall.