1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Places to Shop/Drool in Kansas City

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jfspencer, Oct 4, 2010.

1. jfspencer

jfspencer

Mar 25, 2010
    Maplewood, MO
    Hey There, TB'ers,

I will be heading to Kansas City, MO, from St. Louis this Thursday. Do you have any suggestions for stores with some cool bass gear where I can kill some time? I like the vintage/unique/funky stuff you don't tend to see at Guitar Center, but I'm not above checking out a GC once the local shops have closed for the night.

I will be driving through Columbia, too, so I might be able to stop in and check out some shops there, too.

Thanks a million,
    Jonathan

P.S. Thanks to everybody who helped me out in Cincinnati this past weekend. What a great forum.

2. Check these out:

Guitar Syndicate-1819 Central. I newer store. I have not personally been to it yet but have heard good things about it.

Bid Dude's-3817 Broadway. Bigger store. Not a huge bass selection but they do have some nice higher end stuff in a special room in the back.

Midwestern Musical-1830 Locust. Mostly used and vintage stuff.

These three are all in the midtown area and only a few minutes apart.

3. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    honestly.. Gates Barbecue.. but for musical instruments.. I have been told Midwestern Musical, seriously, has 1950s Pbasses.. and the like.

4. Gates BBQ is not that good anymore! Highly over-seasoned and more fat than meat! Oklahoma Joe's, Smoke House, Jack Stack, Smoking Gun's and Arthur Bryant's are all better than Gates IMO.

By the way jfspencer, could you bring me some White Castles and a concrete from Ted Drew's when you come? :)

5. jfspencer

jfspencer

Mar 25, 2010
    Maplewood, MO
    Only bbq i had was at an event catered by jack stack, and i was honestly underwhelmed. Blanc sure has a nice brunch burger, though.

Ended up with too many passengers and only made it to big dude's. No purchases, but i almost got my pianist to buy a keytar...

Thanks for the suggestions.