Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best portable cabs for use with 6 string?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Like the above question says, I'm currently remodeling my bass rig. I'm really needing some cabs the are portable but still handle a really good low B. Price really isn't an issue. I'm also not really partial to what size of speakers are being used. I will be running them with my Mesa 400+ though. Does anyone have any recommendations?

:confused:

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Bergantino HT112's. As Ed Friedland says "I can't say enough good things about Bergantino. They are the absolute best bass cabinets in the world. I use an HT112 for 90% of all gigs whether 5 string electric or acoustic jazz. It always gives me the best sound I've ever had. When the going gets loud, (the other 10%) I use two stacked, and... fuggehdaboudit!"

I highly recommend getting an Acoustic Image Clarus amp to go with them(also used by Ed Friedland). The tone is great with the Bergs and the power is surprising for a 5 lb amp! Keep your 400+ for the big stuff though. 2 Bergs HT112's with either amp using one or two at a time will do everything for you.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    so, you're willing to cart around a 1,000 lbs. 400+, but want a more portable cab? :meh:

but, to answer your question, i'd just get a 50 lbs. Acme B2 2x10. frecious Low B tones, and the cab as a whole is like a big studio monitor, so you'll hear every semblence of your bass and amp. and its one of the lighter 2x10's you can buy.

a better sized amp, would be a 78 lbs. Acme B4 4x10. i love mine, and its awesome with my Low B needs. would be awesome for larger rockin' gigs, too.