Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best price for a used sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Feb 8, 2004.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hello all knowledgeable talkbassers

K after 2 years im finally in the market for a deceant bass again. My parents gave me a bunch of money for spring break but becuase of my internship i cant go. I have between 600-700 to spend. I wanted to either get a 5 string or a fretless with the money. My first thought is sumthing ernie ball/musicman. I have a 2002 pearl blue stingray i love. I also have neck through spector that is very fun to play. My first choice would be a fretless sterling. Is 600-700 a realistic price for one of these used. It doesnt need to include a case just be in deceant shape i suppose. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a really special fretless in that range, or 5 string for that matter. Thanks in advance.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Having been obssessed with Sterlings for over two years, I think it is more than reasonable to assume that you could find one within your price range. Most of the freless models that I have tracked on E-Bay went for just about what you are willing to pay. So, monitor E-Bay (there has been a lull in the number of offered Sterlings lately) as tax time is soon approaching. Also monitor Craig's List if it is in your area, The Dudepit, and other on-line resources.

Viva Las Sterling!

:bassist:

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thanks folmeister

any one else have any ideas, nice way to say BURRRP i mean BUMP

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Used Music Men go for about that range, on eBay you'll probably get a better deal on a fretless than somewhere like TB or the Dudepit because we tend to be more advanced and more of us are willing to take the plunge rather than a noob on eBay. $700 for a Freless seems more than possible.