1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best price for a used sterling

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Feb 8, 2004.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hello all knowledgeable talkbassers

K after 2 years im finally in the market for a deceant bass again. My parents gave me a bunch of money for spring break but becuase of my internship i cant go. I have between 600-700 to spend. I wanted to either get a 5 string or a fretless with the money. My first thought is sumthing ernie ball/musicman. I have a 2002 pearl blue stingray i love. I also have neck through spector that is very fun to play. My first choice would be a fretless sterling. Is 600-700 a realistic price for one of these used. It doesnt need to include a case just be in deceant shape i suppose. Does anyone else have any suggestions for a really special fretless in that range, or 5 string for that matter. Thanks in advance.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Having been obssessed with Sterlings for over two years, I think it is more than reasonable to assume that you could find one within your price range. Most of the freless models that I have tracked on E-Bay went for just about what you are willing to pay. So, monitor E-Bay (there has been a lull in the number of offered Sterlings lately) as tax time is soon approaching. Also monitor Craig's List if it is in your area, The Dudepit, and other on-line resources.

Viva Las Sterling!

:bassist:

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thanks folmeister

any one else have any ideas, nice way to say BURRRP i mean BUMP

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Used Music Men go for about that range, on eBay you'll probably get a better deal on a fretless than somewhere like TB or the Dudepit because we tend to be more advanced and more of us are willing to take the plunge rather than a noob on eBay. $700 for a Freless seems more than possible.