Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best price on a Programmable Sansamp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, May 2, 2005.

1. I am very interested in one but I really don't want to shell out $200 new for one. Anyone know of any better deals or anyone selling one used?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    well, the regular non programmable one is still $190 so it's still a comparitively good deal at $200 IMO.
    And yes, that's the best new price out there.
    As for used, why not post in the wanted classifieds?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    It's still a new effect. Prices are going to be high for a while, and used models are going to be few and far between. If you don't want to pay $200, your best bet is to wait for one to show up used somewhere.

4. $199.94 from zzounds free shipping is best i found.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately for me it's not such a good deal. Ends up being about $12.00 more to me :(

Why are all the good music shops in NJ?

6. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    You are getting 2 more preset tones for that extra 12.00.You could buy 3 Bass DI's for a lot more money. If you can't come up with an extra lousy 12.00,then you don't even need to worry about it.

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So this thing is basically the regular Sansamp BDDI with multiple effects?

What kind of sounds can I get from it? Maybe a Chris Squire or Geddy Lee?

8. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    $200 sounds good to me. The only place I found with one in the UK was asking £220 (over $400!! Yes, FOUR HUNDRED!! W***ers!)

I ordered one online from Music 123 instead. Saved me about £70/$130 even after shipping and import duty. Does that sound like a lot to you? I think so! I'm quite prepared to wait a few days to save that sort of sum. UK retailers really need to wise up to this, they must be missing out on so many orders. Up to them, I suppose...

9. just wondering if anyone has shipped one to the UK from the US yet?!? if anyone has were did they do it from, how long did it take and how much did it end up costing??

I really really want one of these and i will just buy one in the UK but if it's gonna save me a bit of money shipping from the US i figure i might aswell!

cheers in advance!

10. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    See my post above. Delivery time should be about 10-15 days. I've bought lots of stuff from the US and never once had a problem.

11. cheers! It annoys me everytime I find equipment for sale that costs the same (or greater) figure in dollars and in pounds!

i guess £220 was bass boutique which was the only place i found advertising it!

12. BassyBill

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Correct.

13. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I shipped one to the Uk- hand delivered by me mum £113 :D

14. sorry, but, i hate you

i spent £130 on a BDDI 3 months back :'(

15. Its import tax, then VAT on top of that, then shops feeling like being cu*ts and upping it even more!