Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best price on a Spector NS5CR. Where'd you get yours?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kurt M., Apr 22, 2002.

1. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hi,

OK we all know about Musician's Friend and Sam Ash and Guitar Center. Has anyone gotten a real killer deal on a European Spector lately?

If so tell me where (assuming they do mail order).

Thanks in advance.

Kurt

2. I ended up paying right around $1500 from Bass Central not too long ago. I've heard of people getting some better deals, but dealing with the fine folks at BC is great!

The best deals are definitely going to be on used basses. I'll be selling my Czech Spector before long so I can purchase a Lakland Skyline 55-02. The deals are out there if you look!

3. Kurt, i'll sell you mine. It's a mint Condition Spector NS5CRFM. It's amber in color and it comes with the Spector Hardshell case. I am asking $1100 for it and i have pics posted in For Sale section if you want to see them. I am selling them so i can get an MTD. That's the only reason. I have a feeling that anyone here will agree $1100 for a mint condition with hardshell case is a great price.

4. Wow, that is a good price!

Dude, you're going to make me look bad when I sell mine! I was hoping to get a bit more than that. :D

5. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Thanks guys.

MrFortuneCookie. That looks like a nice bass but I don't like the butterscotch color. Too bad you're not that far from me. I live in Reading outside of Philly.

I've seen them go for about a grand with the crown inlays (used). MF was blowing out the older 34" scale for $999.

My best price so far is $1400 shipped. And that's the Spector with the new Aguilar pre.

Thanks again.

Kurt

6. That's ashame, but oh well. In that case, is anyone here interested in the bass i mentioned that i have listed in the for sale section. Like i said, it's a great bass, i just really want to get an MTD and i have to do away with one to get the other.

7. If I weren't getting ready to drop mine, I'd definitely snatch up that deal. I love the amber finish. Mine is Black Cherry, but it's a lot darker than I thought it would be. It actually looks black until you get close to it.

good luck, bro!

8. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    MrFortune,

Why don't you eBay it? Just don't expect it to do $1100.

Food for thought.

Kurt

9. I really don't want to go the ebay route. I'd prefer to do it this way if possible and keep it here within the community too.

10. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    MrFortune:
    That's cool. I know you've been trying to sell it for awhile and I was just trying to help you out.

Dave:
    Let me know when you sell yours. If I haven't done anything by then maybe we can talk. I just ordered my QSC so it might be a bit. Unless it's the black cherry burst then we can't talk. :D

Thanks again guys.

11. Kurt, i know you were just trying to help, so i don't hold anything against you or nothin. It's all good.

12. Kurt, as far as I know the black cherry burst is the only black cherry finish available on the Czech Spectors. That's what I've got anyway.

I get the feeling that I won't be able to sell this thing for a decent price, so I may be forced to keep it and adapt to the tight string spacing and weight. :(

13. Kurt M.

Kurt M.

Dec 11, 2001
    Reading, PA
    Hey I'm gonna be selling my mint Spector NS4CR. In fact it's on Harmony Central as we speak.

So I know how hard it can be. I'll end up on eBay when the time comes.

Good luck and I'll send 'em your way if I hear of anybody looking for a really nice amber one.

14. Thanks Kurt