Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best price on Mesa Boogie Walkabout ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kevinlee, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
    Does anyone know who has the best price for the mesa boogie walkabout head?

Thanks
    Kevinlee

2. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA

Are you looking to get one new? If you are, Mesa/Boogie is really strict with their authorized retailers to sell it at a particular price. For example, most if not all places I've seen a Walkabout, they sell for $799 and all the places I've seen a Mesa Mpulse600 sell it for $1299. Hope that helps you out.

If you are looking for one used. I can't help ya, they can range from $450+

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    To be more specific, Mesa Boogie establishes a dealer agreement with all its vendors that specifies that they can not sell any of their amplifiers, cabs, preamps, and most accesories for any price other than the one set by Mesa Boogie for all its vendors.

So, no matter where you go, they will have the same price on a new piece of Mesa Boogie gear.

The only exceptions I know.....

At the GC I used to work at I found out we were able to work with the price of their tubes. I also had a co-worker call up Boogie and tell them that a certain cab they had there had a BIG scratch in the tolex covering and they gave him authorization to discount it and gave him the new sale price. It wasnt easy to get that price either.

Peace
    Nick