Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Price On MXR M-80 (UK)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jack, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Hi, Im looking to buy the M-80 preamp in the UK and so far the best price I can find is £199. Has anybody bought it cheaper? If so, from where?

Disclaimer - If this is in the wrong forums, Im sorry. Wasnt sure where to post it. :)

Thanks in advance,
    Jack

2. oddity_uk

oddity_uk

Feb 3, 2004
    Edinburgh, UK
    Give up :( I had to order mine from the US (www.music123.com), £110 including customs and shipping

Steven

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Thanks, Ive emailed them.

That comes down to about £74!!!! I love exchange rates!

EDIT- How do you like yours? I cant try them out anywhere near me. :D

4. oddity_uk

oddity_uk

Feb 3, 2004
    Edinburgh, UK
    Yeh, sometimes you can save a fortuneimporting stuff... remember to expect about a 30% hit from customs for VAT, customs tax etc...

I'm really pleased with mine, nice modern clean tone and a crunchy distortion too, plus that colour switch can be used to devestating effect

I was the exact same and ordered mine without hearing it first, because the only place I found in the UK wanted £200+!!!

Hope you like it!

Steven

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ive got the mail abck and they said that it wont be a problem, two questions though, if you please.

1. They said it was made for their voltage, is that a problem? How did you get around it?

2. If you sont mind, id like to know how much the postage and customs duties were for yours. Id hate to get it to customs and there to be a huge price or something.

Thankyou,
    Jack

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Running it on 240 volt in the UK shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure it will run in a 9 volt adaptor.

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Ok thanks, one of my fears alleviated. :p

8. oddity_uk

oddity_uk

Feb 3, 2004
    Edinburgh, UK
    No problem :)

1. Like bmc said, you'll run it off a 9V adaptor, so it won't be a problem. I don't know the exact current draw but runs fine off my (200mA) boss adapter

2. I think music123 charged me ~$28 shipping, which meant an order of ~$110, then customs was ~30% of the total, so ~£30

Steven

9. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Well, thankyou.

Give me about a week, itll be on order. :hyper: :bassist: