Best price on QSC in Europe?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, May 6, 2003.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im looking for a QSC PLX poweramp. Probably the 1202. Who´s got the best deal on those in Europe?
  2. I've got no idea about best prices in Europe, but I know for sure those amps are very expensive over here in Belgium. :(

A couple of months ago I asked prices in a local shop:

PLX 1202: € 945
    PLx 1602: € 1000

! Expensive !

There might be cheaper shops around though. Check out megastore in Germany.
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    So far the best price I´ve found on the 1202 is €888. I think I will try to find a used one.
  4. Good luck on finding one second hand.
    The only second hand QSC I ever saw was a very heavy and large MX1500a.
  5. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks! :D
    I´m not in a rush. I have all summer till I really need it. I´m looking at german and english Ebay regulaly.
  6. tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Why not get one from the USA?

I am planning to take one back from Florida to Spain when I convert my rig back to 220. The PLX is a cheap conversion I am told. There are many sources here - Lord Valve springs to mind and he can do the voltage conversion too.

They are not too heavy so shipping should not be too much. Bummer is VAT and the Customs man but you should be able to get a 'revenue friendly' receipt.

Originally from the UK and amazed I could afford anything back there - prices here are great.
  7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Legally--that is, in compliance with the various safety agency regulations like CE and UL--only QSC is allowed to convert 120V products to other voltages, like 230V. The cost is $25 labor plus a few dollars for parts, plus shipping.

QSC distributors and authorized service centers are allowed to convert 230V products to 120V operation.