Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best price on TI Jazz flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dunamis, May 6, 2005.

1. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I've decided to switch to flats on my old J bass... so, who has the best price on TI Jazz flats?

2. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

I tried the link but couldn't find TI strings-- in fact, I coudn't find *anything*! There's a box that says "Type of Inventory you wish to view: " but when you go to any of the categories listed you get a "no matches" message.

He does have Jazz flats on his ebay store though-- for $40.
    Here's a link: http://stores.ebay.com/Vintage-Bass-Trading-Company_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    While Sam Ash's price is good, they charge $6.95 for shipping.

The Dude (Steve Barr at the DudePit) only charges $2 for shipping, so the overall price is lower.
    I bought my last sets from The Dude and will continue to, great service!

4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I'm certain that's true, having heard positive comments from so many.

I wonder what Jack Read charges for shipping?

He is a top shelf luthier with a great reputation-- the brains behind the Read Purity Preamp-- he's one of the best in the business. He's got a great website too: http://www.readcustom.com/

5. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Anyways, anybody know a lower price than Jack Read's? I'm looking for the best bargain out there on Ti Jazz flats... :D

6. Very good point zombywoof5050] but it looks like his price has increase to $40 on the JF344's.

If his ebay store does not have what you are looking for..then check this link out

http://p096.ezboard.com/bthedudepit

7. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    That's still $42/Dude compared to $43.94/SamAsh (after shipping).

Anyway, what's a couple of dollars when the strings will likely last several years?

8. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    If I were a rich man, a couple bucks wouldn't matter. But, I shop for the best deal I can get. I agree your math, but it still doesn't beat Jack Read's price!

9. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I have ordered TI flats from Dude twice. He shipped them within hours of my purchase. Good customer service. He's the kind of guy I like to buy from when all other things are equal or close to equal.

Dave

10. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

I could not agree more. I have bought strings from him and had the same experience.

The subject of the the thread was "Who has the best price on TI Jazz Flats". The best I have found on the web is Read Custom.

If the subject of the thread was "Who proivides the best customer service when buying TI Jazz Flats"-- now that's a different thread isn't it? IMO, Jack Read has a sterling reputation-- does that qualify as "equal or close to equal"?

11. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    What's Read's price for shipping, does the total price really come out to be lower after shipping?

12. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

I'll find out Monday and post back with the answer.

13. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    You know, I'm not really sure that cutomer service after the sale when buying strings is such a big deal anyway. After all, they're just strings-- it's not like you're entering into a long term relationship with the seller. I put more emphasis on customer service after the sale with a car or a house or something...

As far as quick shipment, it generally doesn't matter to me if I get them tommorrow, the next day, or sometime next week, as long as I get them in a reasonable amount of time.

So, when buying things like strings (hey that rhymes! :p ), I tend to go by price, whoever has the lowest total price (inlcuding shipping).

OK, so who has the best price on TI Jazz Flats? Anybody know of a better price than $35.50 from Read Custom?

14. Carol has them for $40.46 list, she gives you a 10% discount with every order though, that's put them at about $38.54

Go to accessories:

http://carolkaye.com/catalog/

[​IMG]
    Treena

15. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

Thanks, Treena! Looks like Read's still the lowest, at least without shipping. Check this thread early next week and I'll have his shipping price posted...

16. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    highnote charges 3.95 usps to canada (where i live :cool: ) and $36.99 for the strings for a total of $40.94USD. No doubt cheaper to ship within the US.