1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best price on TI Jazz flats

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dunamis, May 6, 2005.

1. OT here for 1 second. Customer service is everything.....that's the reason you should support the "good" dealers out there and shun the "jerks". Shouldn't matter if it's a cup of coffee or a Porsche. Case in point, I went to Sam Ash last weekend and honestly, the salespeople were ALL clueless and uninterested in my $1000 purchase and the store was in shambles. I have had similar experiences with a few web dealers as far as interest and follow up. Point being, lowest price is not always the deciding factor for me. You're right, this thread is for who's the cheapest and I stand corrected if you found them for less than the Dude. I will say that if you call him and show a legitimate ad he will probably beat it. (No, I don't work for Steve, I just like the way he does business.)

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.... :bassist:

2. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I see what you mean, and I think we agree on that. But when two people (vendors, companies, whatever) sell the same item, both are "good" dealers, and neither is "jerk", why wouldn't you buy the lower price?

3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

7flat5,

Thanks for posting an message that's actually on point! :p

HighNote does have a good price on TI Jazz Flats. Better in fact than 90% or more of the dealers I've found.

It still looks like Read Custom has the best price though, unless someone knows of another.

So how about it-- anyone else know of lower price?

4. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

BTW-- I don't work for Read Custom either. I've never even bought anything from them, and I wouldn't know Jack Read if sat down next to me. I'm just looking for the best possible price on a great set of strings.

M

5. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    WOW! I like the sound of that!

So how about it Dude (if you're out there listening). whamonkey believes you might do a "low price guarantee" on TI strings. Will you?

6. Gotta go to his site and contact him....
    http://www.vintagebass.com/

Call him or e-mail him and see if I'm full of it...... :smug:

7. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Can anyone help me with this? I can't get the website to work!

It may be an 'operator' error, but when I go to the site I can't get to any products-- basses, strings, amps-- nothing!

The internet can be really handy when it's working but it's really frustrating when it's not! :(

8. Like i said, call or e-mail him with the request for what you want. His site is not like other web based businesses, as you need to contact him to get your stuff. Click on th "contact" button. Calling him works good...... ;)

9. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I had a conversation earlier this week with Jack Read, who is a great guy. I may have him build me a bass soon. Unfortunately, Read Custom no longer carries strings.

Thanks to 7flat5 and TORIN for the link to High Note Music Supply! I placed an order for a set of Jazz Flats this afternoon at a price of $36.99 and $3.95 shipping, for a total of $40.94.

As for service, an on online order was placed at 4:38pm, and I received an e-mail confirmation within 2 minutes. At 5:05pm, a second e-mail notified me that the order had shipped! How's that for service?

10. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Those of us who have ordered from the Dude know there's no "a" in vintage so the email is vintgebass@aol.com

11. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I have ordered from him before. His address is in my outlook address list. You're right-- no "a"! However, it's not his e-mail that has a problem-- it's his website! Did you check the link? :rolleyes:

http://www.vintagebass.com/

There's a box that says: "Type of Inventory you wish to view:"

Select anything on the list and click on the "View selected inventory" button and you get this message:

"No matches found for this search. Click here to try again. "

This is true for any of the choices :scowl:

Try it-- you'll see! The website doesn't work. If you go to the trouble of puttin' up a website, it should at least work. :bag: IMO, YMMV, FWIW, etc.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Weird. Oh well, I go to the Pit to order anything. I have never been to the vintagebass site to buy something. What's the problem with going to the Pit?

You can always call.....623-975-5665. The hours are noon until midnight seven days a week.

-Mike

13. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    No problem going to the Pit. I have gone to the Pit, and I have bought from the Dude, and I did get good service.

The thread topic was: Who has the best price on TI Jazz flats? It appears the answer (based only on the on topic replies) is High note Music Supply, who I bought them from, and recieved great service.

14. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This is about strings, not about Dude.

15. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Now that I can agree with! :D

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My bad.

But, it is about A dude who wants to buy strings. :D

-Mike

17. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    But those "in the know" know that there's no "A" in Dude. ;)