Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best prices in Europe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Those Yamaha TRBs sure seem nice, but where could I
    find one? I live in Europe so I can order all kinda
    stuff from any country inside EU free of tolls etc
    and thus am looking for good&cheap european musicstores that (preferably have prices in internet and) have good reputation. All I have so far found is thomann.de.
    Any other suggestions?

2. ~FP~

~FP~

Sep 10, 2000
    G'day...

You should try "www.musik-produktiv.de" .
    It is a really BIG music-store. The site has an online-shop and they deliver all their stuff to your door. :)

Frank

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Yep, Germans seem to be pretty much into selling gear over net: that's third german big online music store I know.
    The other one is musicians-gear.com that seems to be
    even cheaper than Thomann or MP.

4. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

try http://www.art-of-sound.de of gemany
    it's a Marks&Spencer for musicians.
    they really seem like a place where you can staisfy all your musical needs (hmmm...sounds kinky).

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would be careful about buying by mail order. I tried three of these basses in London and each had problems that meant I wouldn't buy that bass unless it had been fixed. The worst problem was that some of the individual bridge units were loose and wobbled noticably - the shop owner agreed that it shouldn't be like that. I also noticed intonation problems on the B string which could have been caused by poor set-up but might also have been more permanent. I wasn't taking a chance for £1500. I must say that I really liked these basses, but the little niggling problems shouldn't have been there at the price and I wouldn't buy without trying.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Uhm.. Right.. But what is Marks&Spencer?

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

They are a shop that started quite a while ago in the UK. Mostly known for providing large clothes for middle-aged, middle-class women.There was a time when every woman in Britain would buy her underwear from M&S. No typos now!

More recently, they have widened their ranges and opened stores in other European cities - the first outside Britain was in Paris.

I personally would never buy anything from them when I was younger, but they do have nice food now and I quite often get sandwiches in their Central London shops when I am pushed for time. I must also admit to buying a business suit in their London "City" branch, when I was commuting regularly.

There, now I'm sure that's far more than you wanted or needed to know! ;)

PS - their stock market value is currently plummeting, mostly becuase they are seen as decidedly "untrendy" if there is such a word - maybe stuffy, old-fashioned, middle-class etc.

10. Ya Bruce, they just closed up their shops over here in Canada too.