Best prices in Europe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tsal, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Those Yamaha TRBs sure seem nice, but where could I
    find one? I live in Europe so I can order all kinda
    stuff from any country inside EU free of tolls etc
    and thus am looking for good&cheap european musicstores that (preferably have prices in internet and) have good reputation. All I have so far found is
    Any other suggestions?
  2. ~FP~

Sep 10, 2000

You should try "" .
    It is a really BIG music-store. The site has an online-shop and they deliver all their stuff to your door. :)

3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Yep, Germans seem to be pretty much into selling gear over net: that's third german big online music store I know.
    The other one is that seems to be
    even cheaper than Thomann or MP.
  4. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000

try of gemany
    it's a Marks&Spencer for musicians.
    they really seem like a place where you can staisfy all your musical needs (hmmm...sounds kinky).

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I would be careful about buying by mail order. I tried three of these basses in London and each had problems that meant I wouldn't buy that bass unless it had been fixed. The worst problem was that some of the individual bridge units were loose and wobbled noticably - the shop owner agreed that it shouldn't be like that. I also noticed intonation problems on the B string which could have been caused by poor set-up but might also have been more permanent. I wasn't taking a chance for £1500. I must say that I really liked these basses, but the little niggling problems shouldn't have been there at the price and I wouldn't buy without trying.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU

Uhm.. Right.. But what is Marks&Spencer?
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

They are a shop that started quite a while ago in the UK. Mostly known for providing large clothes for middle-aged, middle-class women.There was a time when every woman in Britain would buy her underwear from M&S. No typos now!

More recently, they have widened their ranges and opened stores in other European cities - the first outside Britain was in Paris.

I personally would never buy anything from them when I was younger, but they do have nice food now and I quite often get sandwiches in their Central London shops when I am pushed for time. I must also admit to buying a business suit in their London "City" branch, when I was commuting regularly.

There, now I'm sure that's far more than you wanted or needed to know! ;)

PS - their stock market value is currently plummeting, mostly becuase they are seen as decidedly "untrendy" if there is such a word - maybe stuffy, old-fashioned, middle-class etc.
  8. Ya Bruce, they just closed up their shops over here in Canada too.