Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Prices on Lakland...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mxr255, Jun 23, 2004.

1. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    I am in the market for a new bass. I am really looking at Lakland basses and I am curious as to the best place to get the best price. Thanks for your imput.

Matt

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Definatly here. That's what I did. I got my 44-02 for $650, $450 cheaper than MF. It had been played for three hours, and never gigged. I'd just check the For Sale forum everyday until you catch the big fish.

3. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    If your looking for new try.
    1. The DudePit
    2. Gard at BassCentral. BTW Gard and Steve "Dude" Barr are also Talkbass Members.
    3. I think Bass Palace is in PA also

4. My $.02:

Since you are looking for new Laklands, of the three retailers mentioned, I'd say definitely contact Dude or Gard. Can't go wrong either way IMO.

Jeff

5. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    what is "The DudePit"?

thanks guys....

6. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    google it, it's an EZ-Board site. Like mentioned above, BassPalace, BassCentral, and the DudePit are great places for getting a Lakland too.

7. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    http://p219.ezboard.com/bthedudepit

Steve "Dude' Barr is the owner of the Vintage Bass Trading Company and The Dude Pit which is a bass forum like this.

He also is a Lakland dealer.

8. mxr255

mxr255 Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Williamsport, PA

Awesome man, thanks guys. THis is the reason I love this place. Anything you want to know.......and lots of stuff you don't want to know.....

9. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    Gard is cool. Hes definately worth a trip. Probably the first honest vibe Id ever gotten out of a salesman in my life. That and hes a nice guy to boot.

10. FunkySpoo

Feb 6, 2002
    Yup, he's a good guy. But he's also evil,very very evil :ninja:

11. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Adrian Garcia at Access Bass
    Gard at Bass Central
    Evan at Bass Northwest
    Steve Dude Barr at the Dude Pit

..all very reputable dealers who will work with you on negotiating a price that you'll be happy with.

12. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Dude at <a href="http://www.thedudepit.com">The Dudepit</a> is not only a Lakland dealer, but a great person as well. His prices are the best around as well. I've bought numerous basses from him and have never been disappointed.

13. kazuhank

kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    It's a smaller 1 man shop, but I got the best price on my HB from Dave at www.guitaradoptions.com His site shows MAP price, but if you email him, he'll give you the real deal. ;) Nice guy to work with.