Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Prices on Modulus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LonghornBass, Dec 21, 2001.

1. You've read it once, you'll read it again...Who gives the most competitive Modulus prices? Thanks.

2. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    I've bought 3 Quantums from BassNW (bassnw.com). They have an "Exotic Bass Sale" going on now and most of those Mod's have been there since mid-October when I was last in Seattle. The guys there are really hip and nice to talk shop to. Also, check in with Beaver Felton and the gang at BassCentral (basscentral.com). I bought my MM Sabre there a few years ago and they were, too, pleasent to deal with.

Harmony Central will usually have some nice used deals...ebay has a 4-string Quantum starting at $900.

3. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    Well if either of you are looking I've got a Quantum 6 I'm looking to unload. Let me know if you're interested.

jblakeperk@hotmail.com

4. I'd have to agree with kameleyon... bassnw has some of the best Mod. prices around.

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I did a trade with a guy I met on ebay for a Stingray 5 which I traded my Modulus Q5 for. I think that my used price was $800.00. It cost the both of us $60.00 for shipping and escrow to get the bass we wanted. Look on ebay and Harmony Central and Talkbass, there are alot of great deals out there.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I got an excellent deal on a Quantum 5 from BassNW last year. This year I got an even better price on a Quantum 5 from Giampetro Guitars (www.gguitars.com), however it was part of a three-guitar swap (one of mine plus $$ for two of theirs) so it isn't really fair to say it was a better deal. For either of these vendors, it can help to call and negotiate.

7. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    Keep in mind this information is almost 2 years old, it was also when Modulus was in the process of moving from one factory to another. At the time they were not building basses but were taking orders. I ended up waiting ~9or10 months, but ended up with a perfect bass and a serial # <50! I called EVERY Modulus dealer in North America looking for a particular model, I also had them give me special order prices. Most wanted full or close to full retail on special orders. One of the best deals and by far the best service was from "JP" at Guitar Villia in PA. They gave me there "sale" price on the base bass but I had to pay full retail on the options (3band-eq, clear finish, Lane Poor p/u & case), however the factory upgraded to a free quilted flame top. Do a search for more info. RGDS

8. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I got my flea bass custom ordered from www.basscentral.com

beaver and the ganfg a re very nice to deal with and i feel that i got a excellent deal.

If only the finish had been perfect. I think that due to the fact the finish is damaged again in almost the exact same spot that it was when it was new. the body might have some sanding/shaping problems that they compensated for with textra finish. I wil lbe calling modulus on monday and seeing what they say. tHE BASS HAS NEVER HIT ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE CASE EXCEPT FOR MY BODY, AND THATS NOT WHERE THE DAMAGE IS. Well il figure it out. But for my money you can't go wrong with basscentral.