1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Quality/Brand 90 degree right angle 1/4" jack adapter?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Damani311, Mar 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Got a shure wireless system that only came with a straight input and worried i'm going to damage it over time, since i often leave my bass propped up against something

Wondering what the best quality adapter is, since i'm guessing they're all pretty cheap I don't want to get something low quality...

Thanks in advance

2. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    Replacing the straight plug with a right angle one is probably the best way to accomplish what you want.

line6man likes this.
  3. Shure makes the 90 degree wires for their wireless devices. I think I got mine on Amazon. About 18 bucks if I recall. There are also aftermarket ones available.

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    right; no adapters, that's a failure point. just get the end of the wireless cable swapped out for a right angle, or buy one already made that way.

(buy two actually, spares are always a good thing to have.)

Ty_Boogie and line6man like this.
  5. Yeah, I would just replace the straight connector with an angled one.

If you absolutely must have an adapter, however, then I would go for a gold plated one. You want gold, not because of any marketing nonsense about better tone, but because gold will not corrode over time, like other metals.

6. thanks!

won't that void my warranty though?

7. Why would it?

8. replacing the end of the cord is altering it

9. That's normal maintenance, IMO. I guess you should check with the manufacturer.

10. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    on the cable itself?

i wouldn't worry about it. cables are something you just fix or replace. first thing i did with my line 6 wireless units was toss the cheap stock cable for better ones i made myself.

if you want to get fancy with it, look at the lava coily cables for wireless, that's just neat and i'm sure they would make a right angle version as well:

wireless_coil_blue_1000.

11. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    Leaving your bass propped up against something is a busted neck waiting to happen...Consider any type of stand.

12. Neutrik plugs are the best, hands down. I've had these on my two main gigbag cables for around 15 years. I'm a pro player/teacher. They are used almost everyday. I've replaced the cable once or twice, but the plugs are still fine. FWIW, I also have them on my speaker cables. For the right-angle especially, you'll need a big soldering iron.