1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Best" quality isolated-outlets power strip?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bongomania, Oct 5, 2009.

1. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    First, I know there are gold-plated snake-oil power doodads that run in the many hundreds or even thousands of dollars--I'm not asking about them.

I have a TrippLite Isobar 12, and I think it's having some grounding problems. I plan to pop it open for diagnosis, blow out the dust, etc., but in the meantime I'm curious what other products I should consider.

I can use rack or non-rack. A non-conductive casing would be ideal. And my main interest is that each outlet should be isolated, or at least (as is the case with the Isobar) in isolated pairs. Bonus points for high-quality construction from a reliable manufacturer, with no Monster-type BS marketing. Budget... let's say under $200?

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    LoL at your avatar bongo... finicky old buzzard you.

3. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Mar 8, 2009
    California
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    In my experience, Tripp-Lite is as good as it gets in the "reasonably priced" world. One caveat: I more often use them for lab gear than music gear, so my experience may not carry over 100%.