Best quality neck/body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metron, Jul 6, 2004.

1. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Im looking for comments from those who have experience with different brands of fender style necks and bodies. Who makes the best quality?
  2. Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    i have heard that warmoth is supposed to be great.. but they apparently dont make onepiece maple necks for bass... :mad:

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Warmoth and USA Custom guitars have gotten good reviews over here.
  4. If you're not looking for exotic woods Allparts have good quality neck and bodies.

Moreover, it might be cheaper than Warmoth.
  5. Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    does allparts p-bass necks have Skunk line? :p (i want an one piece neck...)
  6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Anyone have any experience with Allparts, USA custom, or Warmoth necks? Anything negative? Im playing around with the idea of improving my MIA jazz bass and Im interested in a high quality neck.
  7. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    You might want to ask Nino-Brown as he builds basses with strictly Warmoth parts.
  8. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    USACG will be the most expensive, but you can get it ANY way you want it. If you want exotic woods however, you'll have to provide your own blanks... Contact Larry @ Gallery Hardwoods or Gidwani @ Exotic Woods for that. These guys are the more expensive of the 3, but you get what you pay for. You'll talk directly to the owner, & they're bent on getting you EXACTLY what you want.

Warmoth. Exotic woods can be ordered directly. They're a bigger operation, so they're not as flexible in regards to customization, but thats why they can afford to keep the exotics on-hand. They do have a good array of options to choose from, probably anything you'd want. Good solid work, & attractive pricing!

Allparts. Don't know anything about thier necks or bodies, only that Smash got an Allparts neck somehow, & he was pleased with how his assembly turned out. I think they're the least expensive...
  9. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm just curious--why do you prefer one piece?

Any of the folks at USACG or Warmoth will probably point out that a one piece "vintage-style" neck is less stable than a two piece, as two piece necks can be joined in a way that counters warping. In fact, if memory serves, USACG doesn't offer the same warranty on one piece necks as it does on two piece. Personally, I can see no reason to buy a one piece neck if a quartersawn two-piece is available for a few bucks more. Good luck!