Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BEST RACK CASE-BEST PRICE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JimmerBass, May 7, 2003.

1. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST RACK CASE FOR THE MONEY? I BELIEVE I NEED A 4 SPACE? I HAVE A QSC PLX,FURMAN CONDITIONER AND PLAN ON GETTING A DEMETER PREAMP SOON.ALSO, WHERE IS BEST PLACE TO BUY? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

2. Does any one have any suggestions for me? Please!? thanks

3. 12Toes

12Toes

Apr 19, 2001
    Lexington, KY
    Gator. I have the six space model with the roller blade style wheels. Not the best, but the best for the money.

Mine came from ebay, new, ~$100.00.

Had it for two years. No problems.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dunno if its the most inexpensive, but the most convenient large rack case i've seen is the new SKB Roll-X series.

has wheels and handles like those flight luggage bags i see at airports. very handy, and easy to tote around your big racks. stuff some styrofoam in the little nooks and crannies, and you've got one portable piece of bass ampage.

[​IMG]

but for good money, i like Gator cases. pretty much a few ex-employees from SKB, who left to make Gator.

5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I just bought a nice used SKB 6 space rack for $40 at Music Go Round...

I have a roto rack too but like the regular SKBs better...for the covers if nothing else.

My homebuilt 5 space tolex covered rack is spiffy too...

I'd think beyond 4 space if you'd ever want to include a compressor or find a 2 space preamp that you can't live without...