1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Reverb Poll!!(And review thread)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KromaatiKlauun, Dec 7, 2006.

1. EHX Holy Grail

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Boss Digital Reverb

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Marshall Reflector

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Digitech Digiverb

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Line6 Verbzilla

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Other(please speciffy)

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  1. I'm thinking of buying one, and for some strange reason I'm wishy-washy with this effect. I tried the search function but the results weren't satisfactory, so I'm taking my chances here. Thanks a lot for those who spent their time on this.

2. Soldano Space Box.

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    For a lot of stuff, probably the plate model in my V-Bass. A lot of what I like about a deluxe spring reverb can be done here too - though you can't slap the unit with your palm and get that cool apocalyptic space sound ; }

4. i would say an empty hall all you need is to be rubbish and book a big gig hehe

but for a stomp i like the ones on my bass pod so the line 6 has my vote (if i can have another one)

5. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    A real spring reverb or the TRex Room-mate are the best IMO. But if you want something much cheaper the Line 6 will suffice, it is what I am using, but ever since using the aforementioned items that line 6 doesn't quite hit the spot.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    If you're looking for hardware and don't mind a rackmount that you can add a pedal (or two) to, then Lexicon MX200

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Lexicon 480L

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    The pedals that best suit my needs were the verbzilla and the digitech digiverb. However, I voted for the Verbzilla because I only use the digitech for reverse reverb now, while the verbzilla is used for all of my other reverb endeavors.

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The best reverb? easy.. Fender 6G15 Spring reverb...

seeing as they are out of production (going on 45 years) and you might not get lucky to find one.. and well the re-issues aren't all that... (especially at $400+)

EHX Holy Grail.. sounds nice.. keeps the warmth... Spring reverb sounds nice and natural.. Hall reverb is a catherdral in a box...

and Flerb? yeah just plain fun...

all for $99...

10. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    I don't own it but the EBS Dynaverb is pretty sweet.

11. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    I vote Verbzilla, it's the only reverb I ever had, it's great, many different sounds, all of them sound very natural. I also heard good things about Dr.Scientist Reverb.