1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best rig 4 £250

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BadBass, Apr 12, 2006.

1. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    I was looking at the Ashdown EB 180 and MAG210 deal with soundcontrol, but as this is no longer available, I need to look elsewhere. I just need the best separate head and cab for £250-£300. As powerful as possible!!:D If I can get anything this cheap? I am set on a separate head and cab though!

Just any suggestions.

Any one in north-west UK with a separate head and cab for sale, I might be interested!

Thanks,

BB:bassist:

2. I love your title.

For is just too many letters.... :p

3. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    :p yep

4. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Bump:help:

5. Ashdown or Peavey for sure!

6. thunderthief_29

thunderthief_29

Nov 20, 2004
    Lancs, Uk
    Im in Lancashire aswell, small world.

You might struggle getting a head/cab for £300. The best route would be of course second hand. Have you tried searching on www.loot.com ? Quite often get good deals on there. You could always try Behringer *ducks*

Mike

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    You wont find anything new for that money.

If youre really quick, look into this!

Used, there are god deals to be had, like this.

Personally, save up a little more and get the Laney stuff, £350-£400 for some new, very good for the money amplification.

8. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    my offer still stands badbass :smug:

9. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Still finkin:p but I just got it in my head that i want a separate head n cab...i need to talk to my teacher and see whats gonna be best.:confused:

BB;)

10. BadBass

BadBass

Aug 11, 2005
    Lancashire
    Definately if something comes up on there locally, i would be very interested!! Should I not really try before buying though or does it not matter for amplification at this price?
    BB:bassist:

11. www.soundslive.co.uk is the best place to buy ashdown, great prices, i personaly would say get at least 300watts, get a second hand 1x15 ashdown combo of ebay, then when you have more cash, put it back on ebay and get your £250 back

12. bassmelon

bassmelon

Sep 24, 2005