1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Rig for $1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mat gregory, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Right im england so $1200 is about £800 ,So what is the best rig for this kind of price range ? , I want something versatile with about 300+ watts , i play alot of different styles ranging from metal to slap , funk etc.

so what u guys think??

cheers in advance.

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    quick question. I've been wondering for a while, is Orange/Marshall stuff less expensive on your side of the blue? If the answer is yes, that's my recommendation.

3. marshall is cheaper , not too much as they add Vat and all sorts of other taxes to it so not that much cheaper . i dont know about orange stuff , its darned expensive here anyway!!

4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hmmm... sorry I'm not really helpful I guess. Guess who's not from england? I'll give you a hint..... this post. If I knew more about pricing.....

what about G-K Neo cab(s) and maybe a G-K 1001RB-II or 700RB-IV?

If Riksmusic.com ships overseas, it'd probably be under $1200.

5. cool , nice rig that , www.gak.co.uk is the place over here to get stuff cheap , i may have to do some reading on this amp.

6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm looking on that website right now. What about a Hartke VX115 and/or VX410 with the Hartke HA3500 head? I think that'd be under your price range.

What?! Warwick makes amps. Wait, I knew that..... I'd check those out too.

7. Mat

I can sincerely recommend some variation on the Ashdown theme.

E.G: A 2x10 MAG combo and a 1x15 Mag Deep Cab would be well within your price band and, coincidentally, is exactly what I use and, from personal experience,it is VERY versatile. I often use the combo as a stand alone unit for smaller /quieter gigs and then add the bottom cab when I want to move some more air. ;) ;) ;)

8. incidently , i tryed one of those amps out when i went to try out a bass i think it was a 4x10 version though , i did like this amp , i didnt try it with a 1x15 as an extension but the 4x10 did have a very crisp sound.

9. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    what about SWR?

maybe a goliath 3 (4x10) can and a bass550 amp ?