Best Rig for $1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mat gregory, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Right im england so $1200 is about £800 ,So what is the best rig for this kind of price range ? , I want something versatile with about 300+ watts , i play alot of different styles ranging from metal to slap , funk etc.

so what u guys think??

cheers in advance.
  2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    quick question. I've been wondering for a while, is Orange/Marshall stuff less expensive on your side of the blue? If the answer is yes, that's my recommendation.
  3. marshall is cheaper , not too much as they add Vat and all sorts of other taxes to it so not that much cheaper . i dont know about orange stuff , its darned expensive here anyway!!
  4. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hmmm... sorry I'm not really helpful I guess. Guess who's not from england? I'll give you a hint..... this post. If I knew more about pricing.....

what about G-K Neo cab(s) and maybe a G-K 1001RB-II or 700RB-IV?

If ships overseas, it'd probably be under $1200.
  5. cool , nice rig that , is the place over here to get stuff cheap , i may have to do some reading on this amp.
  6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm looking on that website right now. What about a Hartke VX115 and/or VX410 with the Hartke HA3500 head? I think that'd be under your price range.

What?! Warwick makes amps. Wait, I knew that..... I'd check those out too.
  7. Mat

I can sincerely recommend some variation on the Ashdown theme.

E.G: A 2x10 MAG combo and a 1x15 Mag Deep Cab would be well within your price band and, coincidentally, is exactly what I use and, from personal experience,it is VERY versatile. I often use the combo as a stand alone unit for smaller /quieter gigs and then add the bottom cab when I want to move some more air. ;) ;) ;)
  8. incidently , i tryed one of those amps out when i went to try out a bass i think it was a 4x10 version though , i did like this amp , i didnt try it with a 1x15 as an extension but the 4x10 did have a very crisp sound.
  9. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    what about SWR?

maybe a goliath 3 (4x10) can and a bass550 amp ?