1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Rig for around $1,000?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jake, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Jake

Jake

Dec 11, 1999
    Florida
    Hi folks,
    I already have a good set up for my upright, but am looking for a good sounding, loud, dependable rig for bass guitar. Carvin seems to have some good deals and I've seen some used GK heads. What do you suggest for around $1,000?
    Thanks,
    Jake

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Carvin, Markbass...lemme look it up quickly and see what I can come up with...

What do you play? need? etc...

3. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Honestly, I think an LDS 15/6.5 for the cabinet, and whatever head you want on top. Take your pick...Carvin, Acoustic, MB, Genz Benz, whatever. People really really seem to like the Markbass F1 with that cab.

4. The Carvin BX500 with Carvin BRX10.4 neo cab approx. $1,000.

5. IIRC I paid a little under that for an Eden CXC-110(1x10 combo)+CX-110(1x10 ext cab)that sounded suh-WEEET for DB & very good for BG as well. My most-missed bass item of all time, I had to dump it for a complicated combination of logistical reasons.