Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best rig set up?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Aug 6, 2002.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    how does a GK head and hartke xl cabs sound to gether for rock and punk?
    should i go for the 15 and 410 or two 410's or 2 15's?
    i play a mia jazz. and i want major bottom end but i play slap too. but the 15s are snappy enough i think.
    if you want to suggest a rig please do.
    under $1000 please as low as possible!
    thanks
    steve

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    theres no way the 15's will be snappy enough for slap. Just go with either the 8 10's or the 4x10 and 1x15. Def do not go with the 2 15's. If your talking about just getting to XL cabs for under a grand thatll work, or your talking about getting an amp too theres no way. The only hartke amp worth doin a biamp setting is the 7000 and thats gonna run u about 500 alone.

3. Right now i have a 1X15 and am ordering an avatar 2X10 cab to help me get the "slappy" sound. I also need better highs.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i planned on selling my equipment. and buy a GK head. then get a 15 cab. then work on getting a 410 or build my own cab.

steve

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I would suggest getting a 700RB and a 410XL, you could probably find that within your budget. So far the best deals I've seen on Hartke gear is www.mattsmusic.com. They have GK stuff too but you have to e-mail them for the pricing, I'm sure it'll be cheaper than most places. Good luck.

6. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    I like the big ballsy fuzzed out garage rock bass and 15"s are great for that. Plus a 15 is usually about 40lbs lighter than 410s. I like seperate 15's but if I had the back and the patience to lug around a nice 810 refridgerator cab then I would because DAMN those sound good.