Best rock band ever?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by canary, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canary

Jun 1, 2004
    hiya, what would you say was the best rock band ever?

Personally i think, Sex Pistols
  2. wrong forum, but while it's here...

rush is my favorite.
  3. FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    I can't name just one but the top three is Rush, Yes and Queen...
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    No contest.. The Beatles.. They did it all...
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "Move to Misc." were pretty good! :bag:
  6. Led Zeppelin, Comon thats a hands down decision.....
    Jimmy Page = Ultimate Showman and Guitarist
    JPJ = Ultimate musician let alone bassist
    John Bonham = Best Drummer Ever
    Robert Plant = Greatest Frontman and Male Vocalist

Its an easy decision and they shall always be the best....i just hope on my elevator ride to heaven the play stairway to heaven, or Achillies last stand :smug: :p
  7. FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    I guess I could ad Zeppelin to my list too ;)
  8. damn could you forget? :scowl: :smug: :p
  9. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
  10. krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    Led Zeppelin, in my opinion , incredible musicianship, JPJ and Page are two of the best rock musicians to ever live. Incredible singing/drumming, i would love to have the creativity those guys had.

Metallica had the potential to become legendry, The first album is decent, second is beyond any competition, and puppets is the best Metal album ever and arguably the best rock album. IMO if cliff didn't die they would have continued progessing, it was only after he and kirk joined that they started doing stuff that was't just chugging away. They progessed A LOT in 3 years and were only early 20's, then it all went slighly pear shaped, it was stuff like Bells, orion and Ktulu which set them apart from bands like Slayer and megadeth, both largely cliff songs.
    It realy pisses me off when people judge metallica on the later stuff, which is nowhere near as good or technical, if orion isn't one of the greatest rock pieces post led zeppelin, then what the hell is???????

P.s i wouldn't say the beatles are rock, but you're right about starting it off.
  11. what is this "later stuff" that you are talking about?
    Metallica disbanded after Cliff Burton's death :ninja: :bag:
  12. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    The Who
  13. SORRY??? Have you not heard Moby Dick? He was not even a good drummer let alone "the Best Drummer ever". Apart from playing a bit of drums my self, the drummer in my band (a session drummer) spends most of his time shouting at how loose Bonham is. :spit: apart from that I do very much like Led Zep but they aren’t the greatest ever.
  14. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
  15. Funkee1

Jul 19, 2002
    Another Led Zep vote.
  16. Spoonman - Soundgarden
    tightrope - SRV
    Little Wing - SRV's Version 8minutes long
    Postman - Living Color
    Wake Up - RATM
    For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
    Under The Bridge - RHCP
    Sir Psycho Sexy - RHCP

Sorry :bag: :ninja: :bag: :ninja:
  17. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Joe Satriani (SP?)

BTW, Virgil Donati, and Lenny White are the Two greatest Drummers Ever. No one could Ever Compair to them ;) (IMPO)
  18. Um...SORRY...i have heard about 5-10 different versions of Moby rate Bonham, then Chad Smith......

But i heard this somewhere but its a good biut of philosophy:
    Saying that you are better than someone else proves immediately that you are below them.....

But not even a good drummer? how loose he was? thats just a load of flying donkey doo doo, i spose you're gonna come out and say lars ulrich is a better drummer than he is...but no-one comes close to bonham....i just gotta put it this come bonham was revered by jpj, page and plant as the best drummer ever and by how many hundreds of thousands of other musos, when your drummer isn't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.