Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best RRBand sense Led Zep?????

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Kurtmon, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    Ok, I am 43 yrs old grew up listening to Nugent,ACDC,Bad Co,Zep,Nazareth,ETC, The only( Semi) new bands that I have been impressed with in RR that is, are Black Crows, AudioSlave,3doorsDwn,Pearl Jam,Stone Temple Pilates/ETC, Am I missing something?

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Velvet Revolver, Stain, Breaking Benjiman.... I listen to the Rock channel on Music Choice to keep up. It's on cable and a lot of cable companies subscribe. I have it hooked up to my stereo, I don't listen to the radio much any more.
    I'm a year older than you.

3. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    Velvet Revolver was on my list also. Now I really enjoy Bonnie Raitt, Clapton, Petty,It is funny how your music changes with age, I have tickets to see Tommy Castro thie Fri. Oh I can not forget Joe Louis Walker...... :bassist:

4. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    I Think Stevie Ray Vaughn is the main Reason for my musical influences at this time, I saw him with Jeff Beck in Sac at the Arco just before the Crash, The only time I cried for someone I did not know personally,,,,

5. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    We survived the disco era, things are better than that out there now if you look around.

Oh, and It may be Stained instead of Stain, I don't have a CD I can check, but they are good.

6. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    I have heard some of thier stuff, but have not picked up a CD, I LIke to Rock, Any April Wine Fans?..... :hyper:

7. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Jeez I haven't head them since I was in the Air Force.

8. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    The Tubes,Canned Heat,Early Elton John,MoTown,Zep,Black Sabbath,Frampton,Any More?

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Can't forget Zappa, Can't mention Frampton w/o Humble Pie,Procol Harum,Genesis,ZZ Top,David Bowie,Jethro Tull,Uriah Heep,Little Feat,Neil Young,Robin Trower,Deep Purple,James Gang,Joe Walsh,Hendrix, The Who, Johnny and Edgar Winter,Steely Dan, going back a little Vanillla Fudge, Grand Funk...

10. Kurtmon

Kurtmon

Dec 1, 2005
    Your right on the mark,Fleetwood Mac,Thin Lizzy, I can not find the Black Rose album/CD from them, and also Modern Times, from Jefferson Starship...

11. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Not quite the same style, but one of, if not the most professional concerts I've ever seen Todd Rundgren.

12. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Guns 'n' Roses, Queen, Muse are probably my favourite post Led bands, Jet are Ok. Foo fighters have some good songs. i am very sad at the increasing difficulty in finding blues inspired rock bands. in my humble opinion, what made Led Zeppelin the greatest of all time was their blues inspired music.

I also have tremendous respect for the Who, Pink Floyd.

where can one go to find new rock bands? :confused:

EDIT: I fotgot to mention RHCP. i have their castle slain DVD and it is phenominal, too bad they didn't do much of their older songs (from BSSM and One Hot Minute).

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Check out Clutch, they are some of the purest rock and roll to come about in a long time. Pure Rock Fury or Robot Hive/Exodus are two great places to start.

Queens of the Stone Age are also pretty good. Rated R is their best release by a wide margin.

14. Clutch is where it's at! I think you'll dig it till the vocals kick in, then.........ah...I dunno about you old dudes.... :D

Just pickin.....Ya'll might like the Drive-By-Truckers too.

And if we are talking about classic rock...Then Somebody better damn well mention Captain Beyond!

15. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Be careful now, we've got a 25 yr. head start on you and have been rockin a loooong time. :)
    Like I said before, we made it through disco, we can handle anything. :D