Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best/Safest On Stage Bass Guitar Stand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thejohnkim, Dec 8, 2003.

1. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    Hye, i used to use those tripod bottom folding ultimate stands, but they keep getting knocked over accidentally by clumsy people on stage, strong winds when doors are opened, etc etc.... and i'm looking for a more stable stand. i dont like to feel so nervous after i walk off strage, because i usually play at church events where a speaker comes on stage or a skit etc etc, and sometimes i dont have time to set my bass properly in my case.

i'm wondering if you guys had any input?

so far i see the quik-lok one that has their nice 4 point stable bass (2 flat parallel pieces of metal) with the adjustable neck holder

any others?

thanks!

2. i highly recommend your case!

you could also tape your stand to the floor...

3. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    My dad is currently in the final stages of a stand he created a few years ago that will not tip over no matter what. I've been using the prototypes for the last few months with amazing success. They should hopefully be on the market very soon. It's a really cool design and even if you trip over the chord the stand and bass won't budge. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as they're ready to go out.

4. The Warwick Rockstands are very very stable, thanks to a rectangular base. It also allows the basses to be closer to the ground which means its harder to tip over. They fold up pretty flat too. The only problem is that Jazz-style bodies are kinda tough to fit in it...

5. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I picked up a stand similar in principle to that. It basically folds down to a large briecase/small suitcase - and looks exactly like one. It folds up and you have space for 6 electric instruments (basses or guitars - you can always get the guitarist(s) to chip in;)). The bottom of the body rests inside the case (not on the floor), and there is a slot and a strap for each of the necks.

Never really tried it in anger yet except at home!

6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    This is what I've been using for the past
    6 years.

Never a problem.

Very Stable.

Will hold ANYTHING from Flying V's, Explorers,
    Acoustic Guitar's, and my Warwick whose output
    jack position always gets in the way of
    traditional cradle stands.

High quality build.
    Much nicer then your ordinary stand.
    Worth getting. No one else will have one.

Hamilton Stand

[​IMG]

The Ultimate Genesis model 100
    is more common. About the same price.
    Another neck hanging stand, but not nearly as stable.

[​IMG]

I added a 'Black Fuzzy' Neck Fork Sock.

[​IMG]

7. Aussie Mark

Aussie Mark I come from a land down under Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2002
    Sydney, Oz
    Endorsing Artist: Fender; O'Neill Amps; Cave Passive Pedals
    This baby sits under your head/rack and is solid as a rock. If your rig is high enough its the perfect solution. No stage space needed for a stand, and you never need to worry about your drummer or a drunken punter tripping over your stand. It's home made, but I believe there is a commercially available equivalent available that hangs from the side carry handles of your amp/head/rack/cabinet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]