1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best seller and manufacturers for 5+ String Replacement Parts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ImTheARSonist, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ImTheARSonist

ImTheARSonist

May 17, 2011
    What's new? I need :help: . I'm slowly realizing that owning bass equipment is like buying exotic cars or something! It's been so rough to find the equipment I want and just as hard to even find shops that carry the stuff I'm into. I play an Aslin Dane AMB-202/5(essentially a 5 string Stingray knock-off), a Spector Legend 5, and an Alvarez 6 String. I love extended scale stuff as you can see, because my band plays mostly in Drop B(I play in standard).

Both the Spector and Alvarez have EMGs in them, and I must admit they both sound pretty damn good. But the Aslin doesn't have any brandings, so I'm guessing it's some cheap knock-off pickup in there. I'm considering making the Aslin my little project bass and swapping all the hardware(Pickups, maybe throw a preamp if there's enough space routed, a new bridge, and new tuners), but I've had a heck of a time finding any replacements for it. Almost none of the majors have what I'm looking for(Musician's Friend, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Music123).

Do you have any "go-to's" for a good selection bass equipment? For car audio, there's Crutchfield. For computers, there's Newegg and Tiger Direct. For tileworkers, there's Avalon Tile. What do bassist like us have?

2. Best Bass Gear
    Allparts
    Warmoth
    Bass Parts Resource (something like that)
    Stew Mac
    eVilbay
    etc.

3. ImTheARSonist

ImTheARSonist

May 17, 2011
    Allparts is pretty good, thanks for that. Stew Mac is good, but they are EXPENSIVE! I expected it because I go to them for setup equipment and little repairs I've done, but I can't believe their no name parts are even expensive. I always worry about the shady Ebay sellers, but it is a resource. Thanks for you input!