"Best Selling" Believable?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seamonkey, Mar 1, 2006.

1. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    If all the kids were jumping off a bridge ... well, you know the rest :D
  3. i know its a great head but i really dont think that the $2300 aguilar is a top seller. i can imagen that make people through down that kinda cash on music123, or internet ordering all togehter. buts thats just me

maybe they do it by if someone recently bought it or soemthing.
  4. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I would imagine that there is probably some sort of formula that rates the dollar amount over time for the best seller category. That would explain a db750 being a bestseller. A couple of those a quarter would equal a butt load of behringers.
  5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    If you make the category narrow enought, anything can be a best seller. ;)
  6. I think the musicians friend "best sellers" are pretty acturate...those top couple are what I am constantly hearing being asked about as a good head for various reasons...
  7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    "Best Seller" on a web based retailer just tells you which brand has the best marketing machine. :bag:
  8. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    "Well - not again Dad."
  9. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004

That's got to be it.
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Exactly right. If you do a further break down on the first link by price, the Aguilar is the only amp they even sell in the $2000-2500 category, so obviously it's also the best seller in that price range, right? :cool:
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Maybe it was the best selling amp on January 27th between the hours of 10:40 and 10:45 am. That's a narrow category as Bob Lee mentioned!