1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best service to ship a gig bag?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by 1dreday, Oct 9, 2013.

1. 1dreday

1dreday Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    I've got 4 padded levy's gig bags i'm not using i'd like to sell on here but I can't figure ont the best/cheapest way to ship them, I wanted to charge like $20 each, plus shipping if anybodys interested 3 of them are perfect, 1 is a little frayed on the top and bottom

2. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    The tough part about shipping gig bags isn't the weight, but the volume. It takes a largish box even if you fold up the bag 12 times. I'd say $20 is a reasonable starting point for shipping—if it's less, it won't be much less; if it's more it won't be much more, for a common gig bag. The size of the box is the thing, and some gig bags cannot be folded into a smaller space. Try using the calculators at the UPS and FedEx websites. The USPS has the smallest size restrictions, so, once again, it depends on what you can cram it into without messing it up.

3. 1dreday

Nov 22, 2009
    yea that's about what I was thinking and who want to spend $40 total on a padded gig bag, even really sweet levy's added gig bags

4. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    Use the calculators. Get definite figures for specific packages. Then you'll know how to price them. Good luck.

5. 1dreday

Nov 22, 2009
    here some pics of the gig bags

Attached Files:

6. MegaSwing

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    I recall sending two basic gig bags across the country (CA) in the same box for $24, packed tightly.