Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best show you've never seen and still kick yourself!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by gottawalk, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Thank you, Freaky Fender for that "Best Show You've ever seen" thread. Now let's talk about the best show you've NEVER seen and kick yourself ever since.

I gave up my ticket to see The Who so my oldest son could go and see them. I don't regret letting him get exposed to one of the greatest bands of their time, but now I'll never see John Entwistle. Missed my chance! :scowl: !Kick!

Let's hear about them, guys!

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    One of Smashing Pumpkins last shows here in my town. Billy Corgan took all the people that camped out to IHOP for breakfast. I missed it, and I have been kicking myself every time I think about it.

3. Gwar. I missed all the midgets and knights with giant penises on stage.

4. Billy Corgan this summer. I had forgotten all about it. It wasn't sold out, and I had money, I just didn't have a way to get to Boston. I was looking up train schedules to see if I could make it back in time! I still never went.

5. This is painful. I skipped Squarepusher last year, because I thought something was happening with this hot chick I knew. Turns out she was dating her boss. :bawl:
    In the voice of Homer Simpson: The crazy man from England is coming back, right?

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think I got you all beat.

Paul McCartney, in the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro. He played on my birthday. I could have gone and didn't. Some songs from that show ended up on his Tripping the Live Fantastic album.

I've never seen McCartney live. probably never will either. :bawl:

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    In college my room-mate and I were offered tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughan at Alpine Valley Ampitheatre in WI. We passed, and said we'll catch him the next time.

We know what happened at Alpine Valley.

:( :crying: :bawl:

8. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I passed on seeing SRV at Lake Compounce about 2 weeks before that fateful Alpine Valley show for the same reason. :(

9. My father passed on seeing XTC in Providence, because he had tickets for another show. The show before the tickets he had, but after Providence, Andy Partridge vowed to never do a concert again...

10. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    Oh, just a little concert at a place called Altamont circa 1969.....

11. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I missed a bunch of 60's stuff.

The Fugs
    The MC5
    Velvet Underground

I missed the Stones 72 tours. That was probably the biggest
    disappointment that comes to mind. I always felt that was
    at the peak of their energy.

BB, I saw McC in Foxboro (think Patriots) stadium about 15 ago. He was good but wasn't great. That was the second time for my wife, she caught the original Shea Stadium gig. Not that she heard much ... Those old Vox 100 watts amps
    didn't make much of a dent in that venue.

12. The Flaming Lips on New Years Eve of this past year. I had to have dinner with my significant other and her father.

13. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    The Mars Volta and Nine Inch Nails. TMV and NIN were playing in same festival and I decided not to work there because I thought I would surely miss those acts. Now I'll never know :scowl:
    But I did get Trent Reznor's pick and my friend said 'hi' to Geordie White from me!

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I had tickets to the Rage/Beaties tour that was cancelled a few years ago. One of the Beasties got hurt or something like that. ...then rage broke up.