1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Six String Set

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Thump_it, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Thump_it

Thump_it

Nov 20, 2006
    Sherwood OR
    For slapping oriented playing. :confused:

2. snowdan

snowdan

Feb 27, 2006
    i guess that would be a DR fatbeams set, like 25-40-60-80-100-125. thing is: n/a in this composition. i currently play the 40-100 set w/ lorider B and some GHS supersteels C.

though if the regular DR fatbeam 6-string set isn't to thick for you, then this shoul dbe worth trying. fatbeams have great slap mids (think of marcus), responsive bass and nice top end.

imho mid-shy strings on a 6 kill any definition for slap.

i had teh mentioned GHS super steels before, liked them for hifi fingerstlly sounds (except for the lousy B), but they lacked the impact and definition for slapping.

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    DR Hi-Beams
    DR Low Riders

4. Thump_it

Thump_it

Nov 20, 2006
    Sherwood OR
    Thanks, I just wasnt sure about what the right gagues would be for the c and B. At least for my style of playing.

5. I've been using SIT NR6-30125L (.030, .045, .065, .080, .100, .125) on my Modulus Q6 and love them for ALL styles, including slap.