Best Small Clone sound in a higher end pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by badgerman, Jan 18, 2018.

1. badgerman

badgerman

Sep 25, 2013
    I love the sound of the EHX Small Clone, but I'm concerned with what sounds like a lot of quality/reliability issues. So I'm happy to pay more for the same (or damn close) sound, but with a pedal I can rely on. Any suggestions for something that fits the bill?

I know the Analogman Chorus is supposed to be a Small Clone clone, but I don't know, when I listen to the demos, it just doesn't seem to quite have the same feel? Am I crazy? Is it just the demos?

Are there any other more boutique Small Clone clones I should consider?

2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Electro-Harmonix Bass Clone Analog Chorus has many here and some reviews on line make this the best for the money.
    But all in all many said it is as good as any boutique chorus pedal. I am thinking of getting one
    PS an older thread but if you get a new chorus tell what you got. Got a deal on a used Tech 21 bass chorus boost which is discontinued and some here said it isn't very good. So if so, I may be interested in this Bass Clone.

3. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    Has your Small Clone let you down? Always found EHX to be really reliable pedals.

Maybe look at the Nano Clone or Neo Clone. Or else get another Small Clone.

Ben B and Shadowkast like this.
  4. Well, your Small Clone works now, doesn’t it? Why worry! Start worrying if it stops working!

Otherwise, maybe get a Bass Clone. I have both and the bass version has those little extras that are useful.

Strung_Low likes this.
  5. Strung_Low

Strung_Low Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2012
    San Franciskee
    +1 on the bass clone, works great

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    There's a model of the Small Clone in the Zoom MS60b. How close it sounds to the real thing i don't know, but might be worth investigating. Heck, it's cheap as chips just to buy one as a toy.

7. Bass Detune model?
    I’ve tried it on my B1on. It’s ok, but not the same as a small clone. Zoom as great sounds though.

8. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    No, on the MS60b v2 firmware update there’s a model called CloneCho (download the manual and have a look) and it specifically states it’s a model of the ehx clone chorus.

9. Ben B

Ben B

Jul 13, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, I've never had a reliability issue with any EHX pedals.

10. Oh! Ok. I’m sure it’s nice.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021